Android App SEO

• yehuda
  • Born
  • Born
  • yehuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I just got started with Droid Generator and wondering if links in my apps will benefit me rank better in the search engines? ...

I get about 400 uniques p/d to my blog from the apps, but my real question is, because my i put a URL in my Android Market profile.. will that contribute to my SEO?

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any benefit from these applications to you in search engines will be a very indirect benefit. The benefit will come from things like people who are using the application mentioning it on their blog.

You're likely going to see more of a benefit in the form of people visiting your site because of the application, than you are search engine benefits. Technically, these applications will be their own type of traffic source.

One snag you may run into with applications as sources of traffic, is tracking the source without it looking like direct traffic. I've had this problem before and it's been solved by adding a tracking variable to the URL or directing the applications link through the applications webpage so there's a referrer.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts