Another Question Regarding Search Engine Ranking.

• bhouger
  • Born
  • Born
  • bhouger

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had someone tell me that i needed to have my site linked to theirs and vice versa and that the more sites ours were linked to would help search engine ranking. I have never heard of this and in everything that I have ever read on the topic, leads me to believe there is no truth in that. Maybe I am wrong. Please prove me wrong or right.Or just help me understand the possible validity of this concept. Thanks
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only thing that will increase your page rank are links to yours. Reciprocol links aren't worth as much as one way links.
  • bhouger
  • Born
  • Born
  • bhouger

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. Anyone have recommendations of possible services to use. I did finally do a good search to find some information on this but like with so much of the seo businesses out there it is hard to decipher which ones would help and not hurt.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have the time, I would first see if you can research and teach yourself. You could learn a lot from just reading through the threads on this board.

I do work for an SEO company, but we are expensive. There are cheaper, good companies out there, but before you decide on one, you really need to do your research.
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
If you have the time, I would first see if you can research and teach yourself. You could learn a lot from just reading through the threads on this board.

I do work for an SEO company, but we are expensive. There are cheaper, good companies out there, but before you decide on one, you really need to do your research.

Agreed, and depending on how competitive your keywords are - you may be able to do your own SEO provided you're interested in learing SEO.
  • draganta
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
The only thing that will increase your page rank are links to yours. Reciprocol links aren't worth as much as one way links.

i agree with this. one way links has greater points in se ranking than reciprocal links. other webmasters are not trust worthy, they would delete your link to them once they have their links to your site. so you better make sure that you have your links to their site.
  • David26
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • David26

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes that is true, directories are the best way to go. One I recommend is http://www.addyoursitefreesubmit.com it has high PR and traffic.
  • click2britain
  • click2britain
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I suppose you start submitting your site to dmoz.org, yahoo & other popular, high traffic directories. There are lot of FREE/Paid/Niche directories.

Check the following url, the FREE/Paid/Niche directories are listed in alphabetical & PR oder...

http://www.info-sales.co.uk/

I hope this helps...
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I quite like

seo-guy.com resources /readings..

maybe with it as guide , you can do well for yr site ?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts