Anyone exchanges links to internal pages?

• gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Myrtle Beach, SC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone!
Haven't been here for a while, so deside to stop by ;)

Have a small question. I think it called deep-linking. Does anyone have an experience in link exchange and linking to internal pages? I actually do that, but I link to the same page all the time so it's pretty much the same as to link to a homepage. I'm trying to opimize my site for internal pages ranking and did some tweaking of the anchortext for internal links - that boost my internal pages up for their keyphrases - that is really good. But now, I don't think I can do any more to get them higher by on-page optimization. So, I'm thinking about getting some inbound links (do link exchange) with the right anchor text for those pages.

The thing is, when I do on-page tweaking I can see results the next day, but with link exchange I will see something only after the next backlinks update. And before I spend any quality time on doing that I would like to hear from those that actually have done similar stuff.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the subject?

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been doing internal link exchanges lately for some of my clients. This is because I have created more than enough link exchanges for the homepage, its ranking very well, and I want the same for some of my internal pages. I haven't seen any big changes yet, but I just starting doing it a very short time ago.
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

thatnks for your reply vetofunk,

I was doing (still doing) a link exchange for one internal page as I mentioned - it had PR5 when the home page was only PR4. So it should work with other sites too. The only thing, the internal page is only one level deep from the home page, but I don't think it matters. As for the results on the internal linking, I heard this opinion that they should be seen as soon as links pages are reindexed with your links. Actually I think this opinion has place to be - I did an experiment 2 days ago - linked to one of my internal pages from the home page with the desired keyphrase in the anchor text and in two days I see tow pages came up on the second page as #15 & 16 . They weren't anywhere in first 200 results before that. Yesterday I placed some more links from another internal page to those pages and hoping to see some results tomorrow because the page I linked from hasn't been reindexed today. I'll let you know how it goes if this topic sound like interesting one.
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I have linked my keyphrases from homepage, my homepage pr is PR4, indexed some of pages ie one level down, but still not seen any changes in SERPs as you seen Gemini,

Well, anybody guide me...

kashyap
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did link exchange for my internal pages before. havent seen any significant changes in serps as well. Would luv to hear from your test results :-)
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

if the subpages are in a seperate folder will that count as 3 way linking?
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay. I chose internal page that was ranking #15 on 2 word keyphrase and #15 on 3 word keyphrase that includes the first 2. I have around 4 links from PR5 and 2 from PR4 pages with 3 word keyphrase to that internal page. During last 3 days 3 word keyphrase went up to #3 but not for the internal page - for the homepage. 2 word keyphrase droped the internal page to #18 yesterday and to #42 today. I'm still gonna wait at least till Monday to see how it is doing. Any comments so far?
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

something that I didn't expect is happening:

(I have inbound links to internal page as keyword keyword1 keyword2 keyword3)

keyword1 keyword2 keyword3 droped yesterdays from #18 to #42 and today to #50

keyword keyword1 keyword2 keyword3 was #15 2 days ago, #3 yesterday and today

keyword1 keyword2 keywordX keyword3 droped to #52 from #7 today.

the exact keyphrase raised, but +/- 1 keyword the phrase drops badly. Any comments?
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did some on-page optimization - keyword density is pretty good for both main keyhrases according to JimWorld keyword density tool
I'll let it rest for a few days till it get re-indexed and let you know the results.
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

after almost 3 weeks results went down to 40s-50s and were there. The experiment failed. Have nothing really to say. So far I don't see how deep linking would help. May be it takes longer than 3 weeks.
  • dreams
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

i did it in my site at http://www.dreamszsop.com/links.php

i got PR3 this page is only linked with homepage.
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, I have PR3 on that page too (just from linking form the homepage), but the ranking is my main concern. I linked form a few PR5 homepages to improve ranking and it didn't happened.
  • dreams
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

try to submit this page in search engines

i just submitted them to 214 search engines lets see whats up...next month also try to link them to higher PR pages

but you see i made these pages static with php extension, links.php, links1.php, links3.php

see links.php having pr3
links2.php having PR 2
and links2.php having 0 PR

means we cant repete the page name with increasing numeric suffix.
:shock:

My new Discovery..
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think you're following me or may be I don't really get what you're leaning toward.

My page already indexed and being crawled every day. As long your page indexed there is no need to submit it to a search engine. As long as your page linked from indexed page it is not necessary to submit that page to a search engine.

I have an internal page that was ranking #18 on a keyphrase. I optimized the page and it went up to #15. Than I desided to link from PR5 related pages (different domains) and only inbound links. Theoretically the situation was perfect, but that page disappeared form the serps and I was able to see only my main domain ranking in #40s for that keyphrase whis is not the page I was trying to rais in serps.

I hope it clears up my test a little. I'm not too bright in english :)
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure if my input will be any help here, but I recently reorganized my site. Before I reorganized my site, my index had a PR5, and a few other pages had PR1. After the reorg, my PR dropped to 0 on all pages, but just recently, it jumped to 3 on MOST pages.
Thing is, I do not optimize for search engines, I try to optimize for users.

My ranking on about half of my keywords is #1. The rest are all on page 1, in most search engines, and usually in the top 5.

My site started as a hobby a few years ago, and though I have never
intentionally modified my site to work better with search engines, my income from the site has grown from $0 to over $4k a month. I could probably make more by optimizing, placing more ads, etc, for few months, but in the end, I think it comes down to relevant content. I offer my users what they are looking for, for free. If they happen to see an ad on my site that they like, they click on it, possibly purchase etc.
I don't push things on my users, I don't have popups. In the end, Content is King.

If you run a computer site, post some computer news, or some spyware fixes. If you run a gaming site, post or link to some gaming news.
Simply having an online store with some keywords doesn't mean jack sh*t. You have to make people want to come to your site.
I got lucky, I managed to pick a subject that a lot of people are looking for and that I have a passion for.

Sorry if I rambled, but I'm a bit drunk, and my point to making this post is that if you have good content on your sites, you will always have good SERP. Forget about trying to sell your users. Give them what they want and they will sell themselves.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

That all sounds like good advice but if you don't optimize for the se's how do you get traffic?
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can get rankings from the search engine with just brute strength relevancy and links. I have a site that ranks highly on a highly competetive keyword which is just an informational site that has gotten a lot of links over the years and has a lot of natural keyword relevancy. I'm getting ready to redesign it and optimize it at the same time so that on a couple of those stubborn competetive terms it'll shoot up to #1 or close. the only thing keeping it down is poor seo but i haven't had time to update it lately... been so busy doing other seo'd sites :)
  • gemini
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, I got a news.

Since I got rid of all the links to the internal page I have it showing up #1,2 and 4 for different keyphrases, so that's good. I just don't know why the links were affecting it that badly.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts