arrow keys and mouse clicks ???

• General Spinn
  • Born
  • Born
  • General Spinn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

Im wondering if the arrow keys amount to the same thing as a click in terms of hit count etc. Im putting a dreamweaver slideshow on my site which you can use the arrow keys to go through it with. It would be useful for users to do this rather than click as the slideshows are extensive. Would be a shame to lose all those hits though :(

Can anyone answer this question ??? Much appreciated Ozzu...

GS
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the arrow key takes you to a new URL, then it would be considered a "Click". Actually it would be considered a page view. You can browse the web (although rather painfully) just using a keyboard on any site with the Tab & Enter keys.

So, if new pages are being loaded, yes, they would add to the page view count.

But search engines don't care about page views. You could have a site that gets zero visitors per day, but still come up top on one of their searches, and on the other site of that, you could have a site that has 10,000 unique visitors per day that doesn't appear in the first 50 pages of a search's results.
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's right, Axe.

The only exception that I know of is if your slide show is a Flash presentation that is all contained inside of one swf file.
  • General Spinn
  • Born
  • Born
  • General Spinn

Post 3+ Months Ago

:) yes ... it is ... its an swf file. No clickage then ?

Im not really bothered about PR just yet, once its finished Im going to concern myself more with that but for now a high click count would be nice.

GS
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I think that PR pays more attention to the NUMBER of links to a page more than the CLICKS to that page.
  • General Spinn
  • Born
  • Born
  • General Spinn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeh, once its done Im going to market the thing in its world and get some links, its deserving of them so it shouldnt be too much effort. the click count is just for impressing my mum and interview droids :D me and you know a hit is just a click but they tend not to.

Im going with the swf btw, so disregard everything i just said :)

GS

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts