Article Writing For Newbies

• Genevieve11

Post 3+ Months Ago

Writing Articles is a sticking point and a troublesome spot for many newbies.

We have all been told that, in order to get traffic to our site, we have to start with the basics...and, one of the basics is writing articles about the product we are promoting or the website we're affiliated with.

I'd like to ask anyone in this Forum if they have had success with Directories when submitting their articles for the first time?

Genevieve11
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Writing articles for the first time is going ti be difficult and practice is needed before you could be able to come up with unique and fresh ideas about the subjects you start writing about.
  • BlackEyes
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Writing articles for the first time is hard, but soon you will get used to it..When writing article make sure that it has a fresh content, informative and not just copied from other articles..The information of your article should be all about your product, and when including your keywords make sure that it doesn't ruin the flow of your article..You can get traffics and backlinks on article submission..
  • rebecca16
  • rebecca16

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was reading it some where, while writing article it is really important to use a sensational title, the writer had even advised to use some controversial titles.. well i dont really agree to the controversial title thing. The content should not look like that it is being written just to promote the keywords, actually they should be intelligently inserted inside, coz too much of keyword stuffing would make it look like an advertisement. correct and proper is needed, though it is not a must, but it shouldnt be that bad english that it really is not making any sense.. these are the few instructions one should remember!
  • Genevieve11

Post 3+ Months Ago

One major issue newbies have to contend with when it comes to writing articles promoting a product, or a website, is that, Google will take into account several factors before "indexing" that article and subsequently, the advertised product or website. Blogging and article-writing almost go hand-in-hand, particularly for affiliates looking to get their foot in the door of a huge industry like internet marketing, and Google "checks" both avenues before "indexing them." Of course, there are other search engines, but everyone wants to be a part of Google's pie in one way or another.

On the other hand, article submission is a whole other ball game. You could submit an article to a directory, and hope it will be circulated. But, this can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to even a few months. Article directories tend to analyze an article based on relevance, and coherence. Following their rules becomes a crucial issue when submitting an article. No one wants to be banned before they even get started.

One thing that newbies must really avoid at all costs...and that is to copy someone else's work, and then claim it to be their own. This is known as plagiarism, and is also illegal. However, it is possible to refer to portions of another article written by another author on the same subject...if it's relevant, so long as the source is linked to the references of the other article. This has its own advantages, in that, having those links lends not only credibility, but also help to build what is known as "backlinks," the building blocks to any internet marketing business.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are kidding? correct? You don't learn how to write articles and proper article techniques from BS on the internet. You learn how to write beginning in elementary school and progress from there. God it irks me when you people just agree with any of the dribble that is thrown at you
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Article directories are the live resource which shows your article to the world so you should be learn how to create a proper article before posting it to the article directories.
  • HelgaValerie
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • HelgaValerie

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW : that's a good point about when and where we learn to write. And successful SEO writing is 99% about your writing skills and only 1% about knowing some basic facts about optimised text. You are either good in creative writing or not. If not- no optimisation will help you.
  • meganisla
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • meganisla

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe the essence of writing a good interesting article is simplicity, but with a touch (or could it be "tinge" of the unusual). Always aim for clarity and simplicity in your writing.
  • Ahtivas
  • Ahtivas

Post 3+ Months Ago

As discussed, article submission is very good for creating one way backlinks.
  • navidimran
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • navidimran

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the newbies I would like to advise them to have a good look at the quality articles offered in the websites like ezinearticles. If you go through them then you will have an overall idea over the standards of writing. Moreover,always try to write unique articles.
  • Johnbotham
  • Born
  • Born
  • Johnbotham
  • Loc: Swanage, Dorset

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the most important for newbies is to do some research work on topics and tend to write in a very good way that it clearly explains the importance of the subject, and one should think before writing on any topic, whom are you writing for? Are your writing for search engines or for human visitors. If you're doing for SE then do any BS with your article but for human it should be written in flair because some might get attract to read and if its not worthwhile then no use, the best practice for newbie is to, try to write and let your friend comment on it, if they score you good then try to post into directories and check the stats that "do people are liking your articles or not" that you can knew by looking to your visitor counts or any feedback, If not so much then try to improvise more..
  • larry
  • Born
  • Born
  • larry

Post 3+ Months Ago

It’s easy both to internet users and Search Engines to use well written content or good articles which are applied to relevant theme by using keyword phrases which are significant to the content of the page, and its original essence mustn’t be sophisticated. It means informational text to attract visitors as they look for goods or some information online. The information for web surfers may be created as product reviews, press releases, "how-to" articles, general information, tips, reports and so on and so forth.
  • linkbullets
  • linkbullets
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

bermuda wrote:
Writing articles for the first time is going ti be difficult and practice is needed before you could be able to come up with unique and fresh ideas about the subjects you start writing about.

Completely agree but, if the person is quite known to SEO friendly articles and the requirements then it is not that problematic and easy.
  • planetili
  • Born
  • Born
  • planetili

Post 3+ Months Ago

Writing online articles is very different from offline articles Be creative and share short good quality content that would motive people to read all your articles. A good title with keywords will help you to index, readers will scan your post because most of us don’t have time to read a long article so try to focus on the first sentence of every paragraph to encourage readers to examine the whole post. Add social media buttons to improve traffic and allow comments to follow up the conversation, theses will give you the clue to know if people are interesting in your words.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha did a search word and looked for grammar and guess what none found hahaa

this is something that i have been studying for the last 2 years now after several projects i found that walkthroughs where high in written content and with a popular game it would bring traffic so my best project has been based on angry birds. So i have few 100 levels and few 100 pages with a simple navigation to go up down next back and home. kept it nice and simple for mobile use but the key to that site was not only the brand it represented but the layout helped a lot with mobile devices and the miss click of adverts.

I have changed the site text like introduction around several times from some being childish some talking in 3rd person and 2nd person. This was the one reason i wish i went to english class more is for the writing skills but 10 years of forums, texting and linux you tend to pick up a few words and styles from the constant text that is read.

writing articles and introductions is just time and brain consuming really, anyone can spin off some bs but to really write you need to belive what your trying to sell which is your site's content.

basic sales really *plum* your ass off and ask for their credit card isn't that how the internet works these days haha
  • Millsons Leather
  • Student
  • Student
  • Millsons Leather
  • Loc: Uganda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Newbie can take an idea by going through other author articles on article sites like Ezine and Amazines. Also the content or the article should be gramatically error free.

Getting articles approved on Ezinearticles would be a bit tough for a newbie but you can always learn from your mistakes ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts