Back links and page Position

• flash_pin
  • Born
  • Born
  • flash_pin
  • Loc: Georgia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, I am new to forum and website stuff. I would like to know if any one can help me. I am trying to get my website listed under "new homes Thomasville" with yahoo and Google. I have been reading about links I am not sure how this works. Can I just add links to my website from any site and where do I add it to and does it have to be seen to the public? I am trying to get my website into the free area.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi flash_pin,

The term "backlinks" refers to links from other websites that link to yours - they are also sometimes referred to as "inbound links" or "inlinks". Here are some simple ways to generate backlinks:

1. Submit your site to website directories
2. Write articles based on your site's topic, and submit them to article directories (including a link to your site in the Resource Box creates a backlink)
3. Contact Webmasters for websites with a similar theme to yours, and ask them if they will link to your site.

Best of luck. :)

Sam
  • flash_pin
  • Born
  • Born
  • flash_pin
  • Loc: Georgia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read on this forum that links work better when your only link one way?
I thought that a link is a link u add to your website on the back side of any page on my site?

For your response
  • WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

flash_pin wrote:
I read on this forum that links work better when your only link one way?
I thought that a link is a link u add to your website on the back side of any page on my site?

For your response

Hi flash_pin,

One-way links do work best to achieve ranking in the search engines, but this refers to backlinks. Links going from your site to another are referred to as "outbound" links, and are less helpful with regard to ranking. A simple way to view this is based on "popularity" - if there are a lot of other sites linking to your site (backlinks), and you're not linking to many other sites (outbound links), this makes your site look quite popular. If, on the other hand, you're linking to a lot of other sites, but not many are linking to you, this makes your site look less popular. ;)

HTH,
Sam
  • glink1
  • Born
  • Born
  • glink1

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want seo for free search for digitalpoint co-op advertsing network.
It can help you.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts