blog spamming

• ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys I am (as most of us I guess) in a continual battle to get my site up there w/ the top ranked sites. I am noticing that most of the SEOs who've gotten their sites up high intentionally the biggest thing they've done over anyone else is mainly blog spamming. they've hit every blog out there they can find with easy posting and posted links to their site. a few questions:

1. do the engines ban people for this yet? is this a 'reportable' offense?
2. do you do it?
3. if you don't do it, how do you keep up with the competition who is since it seems like it'd be very hard to keep up with them otherwise unless your site just happens to be one that everyone wants to link to and you have nothing better to do all day than request links)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• WebWeaver
  • Born
  • Born
  • WebWeaver
  • Loc: OK

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem SE's will have with penalizing for blog spamming is determining the difference between spamming and legitimate links from active blogs. The reason blog spamming is so effective is because the SE's love fresh content and blogs always give it to them.
  • Matt_M_
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think they'll ever ban people for it. what would stop your competitor's from putting your link all over blogs to get you banned?
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Matt_M_ wrote:
I don't think they'll ever ban people for it. what would stop your competitor's from putting your link all over blogs to get you banned?

Exactly.

The only thing they can do with links from blogs is completely disregard any benefit from the link or make it count less than normal links.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

IMO...There's also the relevance factor to consider....if your site is about X and the blog is about Y then the links won't have much weight unless X=Y.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Article on the Subject...
http://www.webpronews.com/insiderreport ... oogle.html
  • BSindia
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BSindia
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good point
==================================
IMO...There's also the relevance factor to consider....if your site is about X and the blog is about Y then the links won't have much weight unless X=Y.
==================================
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well there is also the technique of setting up your own BLOG and just continually bombing it with your own links. I don't know how long this will last though. So many people are doing it now.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Well there is also the technique of setting up your own BLOG and just continually bombing it with your own links. I don't know how long this will last though. So many people are doing it now.

It can't last for sure. lol. google has their webblog dept. sooner or later, these links will have zero impact on the sites :-)
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

madmonk wrote:
Quote:

It can't last for sure. lol. google has their webblog dept. sooner or later, these links will have zero impact on the sites :-)

I will have to concur with that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts