Buzzdock (beta) and Yantoo layers...

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone experience Buzzdock yet? I did by "accidentally on purpose". I found it inadvertently by installing pagerage at facebook to get something other than the bland facebook profile page.

Want to see what I'm talking about? OK what does your facebook page look like? Here's mine using pagerage.
Attachments:
yantoofb.jpg

Well what happened when I installed pagerage which included yantoo layers, it also installed buzzdock and I assume Sanity Switch which I'll never use because I never ever look at myspace pages.

The reason I'm posting this is because of buzzdock. At first I thought it was just something new that google did. Then I was looking for something at bing and there was buzzdock. OK so on a whim I went to Yahoo and there was Buzzdock.

Normally when I find intrusive apps I'm like wtf and nix them, but I'm really liking buzzdock for some alternate search options. And I'm seriously liking yantoo layers.

Anyone else have the experience? Thoughts?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's an example of what buzzdock looks like on a google search
Attachments:
jimi.jpg
Attachments:
purplehaze.jpg
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first question that comes to mind with anything like this is, how does the company making said product/service make money ?

I don't see any advertisements, so that leaves either modifying my search results or selling data collected about me to 3rd parties.
  • SocialStacy
  • Born
  • Born
  • SocialStacy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been using PageRage for about a year now and I love it! It doesn't mess with the actual formatting of facebook (like all the crazy stuff people were doing with myspace) and it makes it super easy to customize your facebook page.
As for Buzzdock - I think its AWESOME! Its a real time search engine "add on" for Google, Bing and Yahoo. So your regular search results for those search engines populate, but so do the real time ones from Twitter, YouTube, Digg, etc.
I love it!
  • RonRay
  • Born
  • Born
  • RonRay

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wonder if the sheep even see the fences and gates any more... ?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts