Can't Get SE results on Keywords

• tom_D
  • Born
  • Born
  • tom_D

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi and thanks for the great advice in threads. I been reading advice for awhile.

I've had my web up and running for about 10 months, and can not seem to get listed in search results using my key words for my home page, on google (I'm 25th or so on MSN and Yahoo). Although my content on supporting pages would rank well on various searches, never my home page. Based on what I have read here, I recently added more content to my home page, vs. my old format of little content, and mostly navigation.

My key words are very limited, and very competitive: "Naples Floirda" "Naples Florida Real Estate" "Naples" I view my content on my home page and throughout the site as very strong. Is it just a matter of getting more links. Or is something fundamentally not right. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

http://www.naplesinsider.com

Thanks
  • tateusmaximus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

heaheahe ive got the same problem but with yahoo!
i can get listed on the 5th to 6th page with google but not even indexed under anything with yahoo!

so ill be reading responses too!

:)
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I look at your backlinks - googles only showing you having 30, now other than the yahoo directory links (well done if you didn't pay for them btw), they are mostly backlinks coming from your own pages.

Backlinks are like votes for your page. The more people you have linking to your page, the more important your pages is deemed to be.

However just like in an election, you can't really vote for yourself. Internal links help, but nowhere near as much as links coming from different web sites.

You should set up link exchanges with other sites, submit to directories, put your links in forum footers - try to get as many people as possible to "vote" for you by giving linking to you.

Theres only around 300,000 results for your targeted phrases on google, not particularly difficult to achieve if you put the effort into a good solid backlink campaign.

Also - on your links - be sure to use your targeted phrases as your anchor text.
  • dreams
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey

recently i did lots of experiment and found that we can easily get listed in yahoo in No 1 Position.

Need lots of work and you will get the position in 30 days.

for google i just 24-48 n\hors your site will be listed and in 7 days top 10.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

dreams wrote:
hey

recently i did lots of experiment and found that we can easily get listed in yahoo in No 1 Position.

Need lots of work and you will get the position in 30 days.

for google i just 24-48 n\hors your site will be listed and in 7 days top 10.

Nothing in SEO can be guaranteed, especially getting top 10 for Google in 7 days.

As for experiments, its more like experience. If you are good at what you do, you can achieve #1 positioning in Yahoo, as well as MSN and Google, but you can never guarantee it.

Jessica had some good points to look at.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

As for your keywords, what are the actual keyword phrases you are looking to position for? I am guessing "Naples Florida", but have you used any keyword tools such as:
http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... uggestion/

This will help you find what is searched for. I would try to focus each page or you main pages on certain keyword phrases. If you want to focus on "Naples Real Estate", this should be the first phrase in your title, be listed in your description tag, should be the phrase for your page heading, and be in the text.

As Jessica pointed out, Pagerank plays an important part in Google's ranking. Looking at your competition, you are going to need to increase your Pagerank quite a bit. Also, your link text should be something like "Naples Real Estate" if that is what your focusing on.

Hope this Helps!
  • Niki_n
  • Born
  • Born
  • Niki_n

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

I have a bit another problem. The site is on top and receives lots of clicks but nobody registers and leave requests. :( Can something be done in this situation?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the problem is in the site then. You make want to look into getting some tracking software to find out where the problems are in your site.

If you post your URL, we would be happy to look into some changes you could make.
  • tom_D
  • Born
  • Born
  • tom_D

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the good advice. I think I goot good the keywords covered in Title, and content the best I can. So it is just a matter of getting links.

When I sit down and focus on getting links from similar sites it is a slow, tedious and not much fun experience. I would say 1 hours worth of work, ends up geting 6 or 7 links. My process is: (1) Find similar sites that has link partners, (2) search their site for link submission info, (3)prepare link submission according to instructions, (4) Place link exchange on my site and publish, (5) and then wait and see if link exchange is accepted/implemented. Repeat steps 1 to 5 until totally bored.

Is there an alternative?

Is there someone I could hire, that I could pay for each successful quality link to my site?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seven links in one hour is not bad at all. You can go through Link Exchange forums such as the one Jimworld.com has or through Link Exchange sites such as LinkPartners.com.

One thing I personally do is to go through the DMOZ category that most fits with my site. I then search through all the sites listed and try to get links from them. I do this because I feel a link from a site with a DMOZ listing is more important than one without.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Seven links in one hour is not bad at all. You can go through Link Exchange forums such as the one Jimworld.com has or through Link Exchange sites such as LinkPartners.com.

I havent been to jimworld for a while. yeah but Its good!
will be in there pretty soon after i clear up my stuffs.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts