Can't get on the Engine

• Urban Grafix®
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Urban Grafix®

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the past Month I have been submitting this site to all search engines at least 3 times a week. I have seen other sites that I have submitted posted inna matter of 2 or even 3 weeks after submitting.
The sites name is http://www.com and for some reason I just cant get it on the engines...can someone help?!
~Thanx in advance ;)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

not sure what to tell you...I've seen this happen in the past though, and
they always ended up listed much later. Makes no sense, but maybe
they arbitrarily choose from the lists of entries. Image
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you submitting only the site itself, or have you also managed to link to the site from somewhere else as well? I think, if a search engine finds you through a link, then you should get indexed pretty quickly depending on the importance of the page that links to you.

Also note, that even if your site were to get indexed just by submitting your url, it still probably wouldn't help you very much because you'd have poor rankings in the search results.

So my advice would be: stop worrying about submitting to search engines, and start instead on focusing on getting your site listed in directories (e.g, dmoz, yahoo, although you may have more chance in new directories that are just starting up), or by asking someone to link to you.

Check out Google's <a href="http://www.google.com/webmasters/1.html#why">I've submitted my site to Google and it's still not listed. Why? </a>

The process of building up traffic to your site is ongoing, so make it at least a mid-term goal rather than a short-term one.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with dr nick totally. I do not even waste my time submitting to search engines. Instead I spend time submitting to directories and trying to get other websites to place links to my sites. This way will definetely help you get ranked higher on search engines, especially google, since Google's primary method of ranking comes down to PageRank. Pagerank measures how many sites link to you, and the quality of links to determine how important your site is. So the more links you got to your site, especially if they are from popular sites, the better chance you will be listed good.

I looked at your site, and it has a PageRank of 0, thus this totally explains why you are getting nothing.
  • Urban Grafix®
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Urban Grafix®

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great advice guys...thanx for the quick responce :)
  • altyfc
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends on how you define SEs and directories. Certainly, if it's an SE like Google which has bots that find you, then I wouldn't worry about submitting. If it's a SE which doesn't have such a bot (now I appreciate that some would say that's not a SE), then I would bother to submit.

Aaron

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts