Can i use php on meta tags? is it recomended?

• pedrotuga
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok... maybe this should go into the SEO section.. if so mods please move this topic. Else here it is.

Is it recomended for SEO to have dynamic meta tags? like imagine that the user clicks an article title from a article title list in order to read it. Is it eficient to use something like this?

Code: [ Select ]
<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $_POST['ArticleTitle']." by ".$_POST['ArticleAuthor'] ?>" />
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure of there's a definative answer to your question, maybe just subjective opinions. After all, individual search engines have their own algorithims. That said, in my experience they certainly do no harm. I developed a ringtone website with over 50,000 locally hosted items and dynamic meta tags - and Google loved it :lol: :wink:

Cheers, Prime
  • pedrotuga
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

well... i am new to this SEO thing...

the trick i made up? does it look natural to you? or does it looks like a non sense thing?
  • pedrotuga
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

i gave it a try...

i assigned the title and the meta tags dynamicly i hope it will works ok... but i have repeated the same words thre times... in the title, in the description and in the keywords... not so SEO friendly is it?
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

search engines wont know that the meta tags are created from data stored elsewhere, so i doubt they woud have a problem.. As long as it behaves normal, So don't change what the meta information is if the page is refreshed.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

In terms of SEO I am not sure if you will be penalised for the same words in the title, description and keywords.

As for using PHP to create them dynamically this is perfectly fine. Ozzu does it so it must be fine :wink:
  • pedrotuga
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

obviously search engines crawlers dont have any way to know how page titles or meta are generated... i was just wondring if its a good idea to have titles containing every single page's content title rather then the same all over the site...

well... i should say that after a week... google crawled on my site like crazzy!
tat was cool, thenk you for the hints ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts