Can you buy Pr ?

• bsl
  • bsl

Post 3+ Months Ago

BuySellLinks.com is a new service for webmasters.
We offer an alternative revenue stream for sites who have PR and are willing to sell links from their site.

Other webmasters who would like to improve their PR bid can on these links. Thus Webmasters selling these links get the best price!

Our Services are 100% free
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

What PR do you consider to be a "good" PR? I have a 5. Is that good or bad?
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hes been promoting his free service in a number of forums.

CazpianXI wrote:
What PR do you consider to be a "good" PR? I have a 5. Is that good or bad?

Thats good but not worth selling unless all your pages are PR5 then it is.

Its ethically wrong to buy a link EVEN in the form of Yahoo directory. Its not democratic it’s a method of paying for votes and if Google finds out it can stop the PR link like it does for links from phpbb.com.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe for sites, but not for Yahoo Directory. I didn't pay $299.00 for a PR4 page in Yahoo's directory, I paid it to get into yahoo's directory.

I guess Yahoo Directory could charge nothing like DMOZ, of course then I would be waiting 3 months now for my inclusion, just like in DMOZ.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think it's ethically wrong to purchase links. It's no different to paying for an advert in a magazine or on TV.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

For sure, like I said, if I had a huge site, I would sell links, and not think twice. But even if you do think its unethical, how can you actually think the Yahoo directory is?!
  • subotai
  • subotai
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

BSL, very interesting service.
Just make sure not to be like Search King...
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
For sure, like I said, if I had a huge site, I would sell links, and not think twice. But even if you do think its unethical, how can you actually think the Yahoo directory is?!

I did not say Yahoo directory was unethical but only if your intention was a Page Rank or Hilltop boost and if Yahoo advertised that then it would be unethical.

I am sure I am correct on this issue as most Journals and Google site uses the word democratic. “ PageRank relies on the uniquely democratic nature of the web by using its vast link structure as an indicator of an individual page's value.” Democracy is based on votes not backhanders and this is where I would draw the line.

IMO the amount you pay for Page Rank is over valued but thats another issue.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, the amount you pay is all relative. If it costs you $750/mo for a link on a PR8 site, and the difference between your site being PR6 or PR7 means losing 5 grand's worth of sales per month, then it's definitely worth paying for it.

If it's a free site, where you still don't make a penny regardless of your PR, then no, it's probably not :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts