complete site... being indexed

• phatgalaxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • phatgalaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys.. I got a question for ya. I had some SEO work done to my site to make rank as high as possible..I have been indexed with google as well as a lot of others. I have paid for submission.. I was wondering. How long does it take to be actually put in the placing. Right now you can only search for my site with mydomain name. How long does it normally take to be part of the search result for a specific keyword..

heres my site.. let me know what ya think http://www.phatgalaxy.com
  • phatgalaxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • phatgalaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any answers lol? :D
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

It can take a while...

Sometimes it can take as much as a couple of months (or possibly longer if you're still adding new content) for Google to index your entire site, and for things to start taking off.

I'm guessing by all the bold that "Community" is the keyword you're trying to target?

Well, with 22 million current results for that search term, I don't think you'll get too far with what you've got so far.

If you view source, your actual content is WAY WAY WAY down in the page. Google doesn't see it as people do, It doesn't see "The Ultimate Online Community" as being at the top center of your page, it sees it as being over halfway from the top of your page in the source code due to all the tables code.
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you getting a lot of links coming in with the right keyword as your anchor text?
  • phatgalaxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • phatgalaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like i said im very new to this. I just wanted to rank as high as I can.. I do have a good feeling about about the site but it is time to get it rolling. What are my options. My density for "community" is like 16-17 percent. Because of the design and nature of my site. New content will automatically be added daily as people sign up (creates their own page) with meta information. What can i do to have a better chance at ranking?"

eCommando what do you mean? im a little lost but i appreciate your help! BTW on smaller dearch engines (part of the ones u submit to if you use godaddy traffic blazer) a few of em I have ranked number 1 out of 20 pages of listings and a few I have ranked 5th with well over 10000 competitors.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

First thing, I think your targetting of "community" as your keyword is going to be very tough. You may want to target "online community" which gets almost 12k searches a month. You can even break it down further from there. Use Overture's keyword search, http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... uggestion/. You should then target that keyword phrase throughout your site.

Once you do find that keyword phrase, I would place it first in the title. Use it in the meta description, possibly twice, because Yahoo and MSN love description tags, I have noticed Google is beginning to again also.

It looks like your site is spider friendly, you can check it out at http://www.webconfs.com/search-engine-s ... ulator.php.

Get a DMOZ listing, a Yahoo Directory listing, and as many other free directory listings as you can. With your incoming links, try to get great links from sites that are similiar to your own. Use your keyword phrases in all of them.

I would worry about testing for keyword density, just look at your page and read it. Does it read funny, like you have way to many of the same keywords?...if so, tone it down, otherwise leave it.

Also, if you want to track your keyword positioning in Google, use Digitalpoint.com's keyword tool.
  • phatgalaxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • phatgalaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

so u really think i should switch to "online community" instead of "community". U dont think i have a chance at community.. COmmunity is in my title description and keywords. community density is like 16 percent. As you can see i have used community a lot in the body text but i dont think it sounds fuuny. I think i used it just enough.. hmm.. I have done al ot of research on the sites that rank high with community none of them see to have any SEO.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, because it is so vague. There are a 160 million results for community. Its like trying to optimize for city. No one optimizes for city because it is to vague, you always have one more specific keyword. I am not saying it can't be done, but I think that it will be easier and you will get more qualified traffic for "online community".
  • phatgalaxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • phatgalaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been ranking quite well with smaller SE's.. A few number ones aswell as some top 5's... My google PR is currently 4.. Is that good. Remember ive only been indexed for less than a week.. How do i improve link popularity.. I wanted to add a "links page" and hopefully exchange links with other sites that rank well with "community" is this the way to do it. I know linked farms are bad for business when it coems to google. How do i go about with link popularity?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

one more question related to this...
I have tried a links page. but websites who link exchanged with me, have tons of links on their link page too. I am one of the many links.

That means my site will be passed little pr :-(

and it seems that websites of the same industry are havings tons of links and link page too.

Question: Should i step out of the theme circle -gettingn links from sites that are of same theme as mine- and try getting links from websites which can pass me more PR, but not of same theme?
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just skimmed over everything so sorry if this has all been said in the post already.

First, it WILL take a while before you are ranking. Especially as someone else here said-with such a vauge KW. Try something a little more specific.

Check out this site too

http://www.seo-guy.com
  • phatgalaxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • phatgalaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been indexed for about a week now and I currently have a pagerank of 4. Is this good for having literally no backlinks... What should be a goal if i wanted to rank high with "community" as a search term.. Also, I have a PR of 4 WITHOUT being indexed with DMOZ or yahoo.. Im assuming my PR will go up once they do index me.. The way my sites works is that people can create their own profiles that are SE frienfly.. All of these profiles will have a link back to homepage with COmmunity in the link.. BUT ive been thinking.. is this bad.. Because most of these profile pages will obviousely have a low PR will this hurt me? They will be a dirctory in my domain tho.. I think google bot is smarter than that.. Can your homr page get a lower PR if other pages on your domain link to it have lower PR...

Last night i stayed up all night getting my site indexed with as many SE's as posssible.. LIke i have said I am ranking really high on a few out there and rmember i have no DMOZ or yahoo listing... I was thinking about starting a LINKS page and hopefully exchange links with other sites that rank high with "community".. Is this a sound plan.. Are recirpication links workth as much as normal backlinks.. Whats the best way to get backlinks.. What are some other higher PR techniques.. What should be goal be
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Usually in all sites, all pages will have a lower PR than the Homepage. It will not hurt you having these pages link to the homepage, it can only help you. The key to PR is having more coming in than leaking out.

When you go out searching for links, you want to find sites that:

- Links page has a good pr, not just homepage
- Not a ton of links coming out of the page. This includes internal links to his site. The more links (total) on his page, the less your going to get. This is why many reciprocal linking campaigns do not work.
- Keep it in your area. It may be different for you. Maybe there are a few sites you find an interest in, and you want to share them to your community. See if those sites will give you a link back.
- Backlinks (non-reciprocal) are always better because you do not have to give a link back, as with reciprocal links. But, it is very hard to find those links, unless your going to pay for them.
- And when you look at a links page, make sure PR is being passed. If it has a good pr, check the other sites listed there to make sure that the site is showing up in their backlinks.
  • phatgalaxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • phatgalaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yah im on my linking campaign now. Im just gona have to bust my ass but I hope it pays off.. I,m starting to stress about DMOZ. How long does it normally take to get listed in DMOZ?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

somebody pointed this out in here,ozzu, before.

it takes weeks to months. depending on how busy the category editors are ..
post yr site in http://www.resource-zone.com and check how yr dmoz app went ..
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

The change to the resource-zone now is that you can only check on your site once every 6 months, no longer once a month.

The time it takes all depends on the editor. Sometimes a day, sometimes a year.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats a long time, 6 months!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts