crawling of search based web pages

• s786787
  • Born
  • Born
  • s786787

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am working on a web site whose home page has a search facility. When the user uses the search facility the site displays the search results with 10 listings on each page. If the user wants to view the next 10 results he has to click on the 'NEXT" link provided at the bottom or the page or he can directly jump to pages by clicking on `PAGE NUMBER' links provided at the bottom of the search result display page.

I want google and other search engines to index my site along with the search facility

For example if you search `free ebooks' on Google then you get the search results with links like
http://www.mslit.com/default.asp?mjr=FRE
and
http://www.searchsite.com/?q=Free%20ebooks

This means that Google is able to also crawl the search pages which are not static but dynamic in nature and are produced by ASP, JSP or PHP.

Can someone guide me how can I have my web site search functionality crawled by Google so that if someone searches for a keyword and if the keyword is available through my search functionality then Google would display that.

Any advice on how to go about this.

Thanking you
s786787
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dprichard
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Clearwater Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe you could setup links on a site map page with those links in them already. I would think it would still crawl th pages with the links on the bottom, but I am not 100% sure of that. We had a big site where most of the pages were dynamic and we just put the keywords with links to the url from our searches and it worked fine.
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google should index the pages as long as the parameters are not that long.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts