descriptions in search results page

• drifterguy
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where do you set up the website descriptions that Google displays in the search results? For example, if I search on "latte ventura," The search results include a place called "Latte101" along with a description "we serve ...." . But when I check out their source code, I can not find this description. So I'm wondering where this description was set up.
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I googled Latte101, the description read "Select a page to view", which was the text on the page, I'll have a look around but I hate frames, they make everything so much harder.
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just looked at another page and it has a description in the meta tags,
Quote:
Coffee Shop Ventura County - Starbucks has nothing on this Ventura coffee shop. We at Latte 101 offer coffee, latte, espresso here in Ventura County, California.

So it just depends on the page you view, just look for the meta tags in the iframe, nothing magical going on here.
  • drifterguy
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great detective work - thanks!

The quote you mentioned is the one I was trying to locate. I found it in the body of http://www.javawithharmony.com which has a link exchange program.

Did you also get that quote from a meta tag in latte101.com? I can not see any key words in this site's meta tags. I can only seem to retrieve http://www.latte101.com/index because of the frames.

I don't like frames either.
  • drifterguy
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never mind my last question. Finally figured out that I had to right click to get the source code. Choosing View Source from the browser menu did not work because it only got me the index page.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts