Directories v. P.R. Debate!

• Submit
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Submitting to directories can't hurt your rankings. Otherwise your competitor will submit your site to 1000 crappy directories and beat you in search engines results. There is no such thing as bad link, bad link=no link. But if you submit to quality dirs, it will raise your rank after some time. Of course, you do not know which directory is good or bad, so submit to as many dirs, as you can and this will give you good results. //link removed Post your opinion. :?:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are a lot of good directories to submit. Choose the high PR directories but free submission. Paid inclusion also to high PR directories is good but be careful with google.
  • skysoldier
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is better if you will submit your site to quality directories only rather than submitting it to thousands of directories because google will consider your site as a quality one too.
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes when come to backlinks quality is better than quantity.But if you can have both will be grate.
  • cEejay_01
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cEejay_01

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just submit to quality directories, avoid submitting with the penalized one.. As directory submission can provide quality backlinks
  • jayeshpau
  • jayeshpau
  • Loc: U.K.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will fully agree with always FREE and Quality directories but never with any Paid directory.

less but good links with quality Directories

Google always Says No Paid text links.

google has sent message below for paid text links

Google has sent the message across loud and clear to all text link seller and buyers that they will not let paid text links influence their page rank algorithms.

Thanks
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google is against paid links.Not against payment for to have an editor review your site and approve it.This links on directories dont count as paid links!If they count like paid links then G will penalise yahoo dir and BOTW dir!
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

I preferred free directory submission even it has a long period of acceptance...I find it better because you site will undergo certain review for its acceptance so it means that the site being approved is a quality one...
  • nab82ba
  • nab82ba

Post 3+ Months Ago

Directories are well worth submitting to as they can helps search engines to catagorise your site, so if you have a books site and you submit to a books directory it should help your overall rankings. Free directorys can be usful but some of the top paid ones can offer quality backlinks which are worth more than multiple free directory links.
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a advantage and disadvantage of paid directory...Advantage is you will be listed immediately...disadvantage if you no budget for it you have no chance...
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

3$-10$ for every quality paid directory cant be count that you have to spend a big budget.IMO everyone that is taking his website serious have to submit to these low budget and quality directories.With quality i refer to directories that are:
1)Well indexed
2)have pr above 3
3)have no more than 10 links in every page
4)have good serps for their keywords
5)have a suitable and related category for your site.
6)Have inner pages with pagerank.
  • whatahome
  • whatahome
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think for paid directories, google reduce PR for paid directories not for the sites listed in the paid directory. However i prefer free directories with good reputation.
  • skysoldier
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Indeed, those directories must possess a good reputation so your site will be in good hands if you submit it to them.
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

I prefer free directories too...however somebody told me this one:

"free directories get 100-1000's of submissions every day..
and they are not a good source of income....so eventually the owner of free directory dont manage it...Show me a well managed free directory ?"...

This lead me to confusion...so I'm asking a help to you guys to please give me a well manage directories...thanks....
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

he friend of you have absolutely right!give me a free directory that have the quality standars i set in my previous post....
Anyway you can check the directory in my signature if you have a site that fits in any category.
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

So you mean that a free directory has no quality?
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

As a said in my previous post {give me a free directory that have the quality standars i set in my previous post} and dont make ages to list your site or doesnt list your site so deep in the directory so the page is not even indexed.!
  • skysoldier
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

So are you saying that the directory in our sigs is not a quality one? How can you say that a directory is a high standard one.
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

first of all i cant find any directory in your signature!second i only say that there must be some quality free directories (10% of them,maybe less) but most of them doesnt have the basic criteria i have set in my previous post!
I hope i made my self clear!
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

scoobby wrote:
3$-10$ for every quality paid directory cant be count that you have to spend a big budget.IMO everyone that is taking his website serious have to submit to these low budget and quality directories.With quality i refer to directories that are:

1)Well indexed

2)have pr above 3

3)have no more than 10 links in every page

4)have good serps for their keywords

5)have a suitable and related category for your site.

6)Have inner pages with pagerank.

So those are the qualities that you are talking about....

scoobby wrote:
first of all i cant find any directory in your signature!second i only say that there must be some quality free directories (10% of them,maybe less) but most of them doesnt have the basic criteria i have set in my previous post!
I hope i made my self clear!

Probably skysoldier want to said the directory in your signature...And I understand what you are trying to say that there are only few quality free directories...That is what I want to hear to you, I thought you mean all of them (free directories)...
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes that is exactly what i am trying to say there are only few quality free directories....and most of the quality free directories or they make ages to list your sites or they list it so deep that the page is barely indexed or they list your site along with 50 sites links.

As for skysoldier the directory in my signature have all the qualities i mention above.
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

scoobby wrote:
yes that is exactly what i am trying to say there are only few quality free directories....and most of the quality free directories or they make ages to list your sites or they list it so deep that the page is barely indexed or they list your site along with 50 sites links.

As for skysoldier the directory in my signature have all the qualities i mention above.

I think you are so confident to your directory as the way you deliver your words...How can you guarantee us that what you are saying is true, I mean that your directory has all that characteristic (those you mention)...Anyway regarding to your conclusion about the free directory I guess you has a point there...Like DMOZ if you apply in their free directory it takes times before you get listed and probably your not sure if what number your site will be along with...
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am not trying to say that my directory is the best but that have the basics at least.So i can guarantee and you can check easily that this requirements is true:

1)Well indexed / 156 pages indexed last time i check

2)have pr above 3 / have pr4!

3)have no more than 10 links in every page/ 10 links in every page maximum

4)have good serps for their keywords check at google for europe directory,european directory europe travel directory europe bussines directory and for add link or url along with country name,lets say add link germany

5)have a suitable and related category for your site. that is related to your site,i cant guarantee this:)

6)Have inner pages with pagerank/have at least 10 innerpages with pr4 and many many pr3.
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I see...I check it your keywords rank well...and you have a good PR too...I can say that you have a good quality directory...
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for saying that is a quality directory but this is not my opinion....at least yet:) but it have the basics and i believe in one year at least will be quality one ,so it can be usefull and at the normal users.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 25 posts