DMOZ listing

• roxxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • roxxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have added my site in DMOZ before around 6 months but it is not yet in DMOZ. Should I add it Again?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

short answer - no.

it may take forever :)
  • etech-racheal
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etech-racheal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep, Dmoz takes time while listing any site. Dmoz considers different factors while listing sites. If your site is not properly optimized & if any one factor is missing then Dmoz will not list your site. Also it is important to submit your site in proper category. So while submitting your site in Dmoz considers all these points. Also keep patience.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as one factor missing, doesn't mean we won't submit your site, it could just take longer. Just read the guidelines for submitting sites and make it easier on all of us.
  • weblaunch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • weblaunch

Post 3+ Months Ago

It could take forever to get listed on dmoz.org. You might want to consider paying for a listing on yahoo and smaller directories.
  • roxxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • roxxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for guidelines
  • BIZ-GIANT
  • BIZ-GIANT
  • Loc: Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello....

I concur that it will take some time for your site to be considered.
I recently stumbled across thier forum and made some inquries of my own by thier directory staff.

First ...I thought they were back logged beyond belief but was soon corrected when they responded and told me they werent, they just take thier time as many off them are not paid but volunteer thier services.

Another thing that grabbed my attention was that i said to them that i believed that being included into the directory was basically depeding on the editors mood that day... I was told i was correct!

My suggestion to you is this try once more and see if it goes threw, if it does great! if not then so what... you dont need thier link to gain search engine rankings or PR, as one of them even told me "Yip were just another link is all", so dont think its the end of the world if you cant get in! I have the thread below for your viewing pleasure..........

http://resource-zone.com/forum/showthre ... 543&page=5

Now.... I noticed someone had mentioned YAHOO directory... Please!
If your going to throw $299 dollars yearly for a website that may be rejected and they will get to keep your money, then do me a favor and just throw it this way!... lol

Lastly.. If your going to go on a directory rampage Great! just make sure that they are SEO friendly and dont use redirects of any kind. You may add your link to our directory if you like for Free and check out our 450 directory submits if you like. We might be new but our predicted page rank to be is( 5 ) and i wont be accepting any more free accounts when that happens, choice is yours.....
Either way i wish you much success......

Thanks
Malcolm
Biz-Giant Directory
http://www.directory.biz-giant.com
http://www.sleekdirectory.com
http://www.biz-king.com
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

BIZ-GIANT wrote:
Now.... I noticed someone had mentioned YAHOO directory... Please!
If your going to throw $299 dollars yearly for a website that may be rejected and they will get to keep your money, then do me a favor and just throw it this way!... lol

That $299.00 is an investment. I have shown many times in this forum why it is a good idea to spend the $299.00 for the Yahoo directory. As far as being rejected, I have submitted over 40 sites to the Yahoo directory and not one has ever been rejected. Just don't submit spammy, adsense, directory, or affiliates sites and you will be fine.
  • BIZ-GIANT
  • BIZ-GIANT
  • Loc: Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
That $299.00 is an investment. I have shown many times in this forum why it is a good idea to spend the $299.00 for the Yahoo directory. As far as being rejected, I have submitted over 40 sites to the Yahoo directory and not one has ever been rejected. Just don't submit spammy, adsense, directory, or affiliates sites and you will be fine.

Yes i agree everyone is entitled to their own perseption of investments. Many factors have to be considered before any investment. If in fact you claim that you have submitted that many sites then im inclined to believe it was a good investment for you.

Regards
Malcolm
  • sergeyrusak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sergeyrusak

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know a website who was listed in 1 week!

You should know that today.... DMOZ very corrupted. You can bribe some editors. There are some stories that some webmasters paid them up to $10 000 for submission. That's why DMOZ editor was trying to sell his status on EBay year ago. ( Ebay removed this listing later ).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts