DMOZ

• Clarissa789
  • Clarissa789

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone know any tips for getting listed on DMOZ please?

• webfriend
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: www.webperks.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have sites in the first page, first listing of google! and have never made it to dmoz. Follow the guide lines and if you find a good editor, and a category that is off the beaten path, but your site fits, bingo you might have something. Or I have heard of the payment plan.
  • Clarissa789
  • Clarissa789

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can pay to get on to DMOZ?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, you cannot pay to get into DMOZ. The best way to get into DMOZ is to check a few things.

1/ Make sure the directory you choose is the most relevant to your site. Check and see if your competitors are there.

2/ Look in the footer to see if that directory has an editor. If it does, better chance of getting included sooner.

3/ Lastly, look in the footer for the date the category was last updated. If it hasn't been updated since 2002, your probably going to be waiting a while.
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
No, you cannot pay to get into DMOZ. The best way to get into DMOZ is to check a few things.

1/ Make sure the directory you choose is the most relevant to your site. Check and see if your competitors are there.

2/ Look in the footer to see if that directory has an editor. If it does, better chance of getting included sooner.

3/ Lastly, look in the footer for the date the category was last updated. If it hasn't been updated since 2002, your probably going to be waiting a while.

Thanks for the tips veto funk
  • Clarissa789
  • Clarissa789

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, thanks vetofunk, much appreciated! :)
  • Americantruckbuyer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Americantruckbuyer

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have listing in yahoo for my site americantruckbuyer.com but not listed in Dmoz ... but still happy as the site gets good traffic from search engines..

Puneet M
  • slivatree
  • Born
  • Born
  • slivatree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have applied for entry to the DMOZ directory some three months ago but still haven't been added.

What else can I do? Reapply? Just wait? or Give up?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should have gotten a response that they received your application within a day. Then, accepted or denied, you should have received a response within a week or two.
  • codesecret
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • codesecret

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:

Good and useful tips..thansk for this dude.
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can easily get listed in DMOZ if you pay them.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts