I don't get Search Engines!

• DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I my site is on baseball and is still developing. But one of my sub-topics is each team. One of these teams has a dmoz listing, PR 5, and a keyword density better than any of the pages on the first results page for that teams name. However, use the digitalpoint keyword tracker it says I'm not even in googles top 1000 for Milwaukee Brewers. I was curious and went to a result pretty far down - 493 - and looked at it. It had a PR 4 and had Milwaukee Brewers appear once on the whole page. My Brewers home page is packed with the words and I'm no where to be seen? Does this just take time??
  • DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh yeah, plus the keyword is in the title and used in a H1 tag on the page.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

sounds competitive. the industry you are doing...
maybe thats why...
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Search engines are not perfect.

Are you over optimizing? Sometimes changing the page layout works because doing the same thing that everyone else does will not guarantee good positioning. If it has been awhile at that position try changing the layout of the page. This sometimes works. Try dumbing down the amount of keywords. Experiment.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Keyword density is a tiny part of Search Engine Optimisation that I don’t waist my time with if your after a competitive key word.

You need to swap links.

The more links you have to your site from defferrent IP's the better. You already have a DMOZ and Ozzu linking IP. Go make a links page and talk to other webmasters and swap.

(Go... do it now!)
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Three things that'll get you top listings:

1) crawlable links on your website
2) incoming links from similar websites (established websites weigh heavier than others)
3) clear text

Sure, you've got all of the keywords nailed on your site, but your code is HUGE in comparrison to the actual amount of text. You have 26 nested tables on your front page ALONE! So, my guess is spiders are having a harder time on your site than they are on some of your competitors, thus your rankings are lower than could be hoped for. Clean your code. I bet that'll work wonders.

Also, go to http://www.wordtracker.com/ and http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... uggestion/ and do some research on what the best keywords are to use. Sometimes the top keyword isn't the best one to use as you'll just end up as one in a billion results.

Also, you had a few unnecessary meta tags.
  • discountdomains
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • discountdomains
  • Loc: Telford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its important to build up as many anchor text links on pages with a theme similiar to yours.

So for example links like:- Domain Name Registration helps my site to rank hightly for the phrase "Domain Name" etc

IMO this is the most important factor on Google right now.

Clare
  • DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks gsv2com, I didn't realize that the amount of code also goes into effect.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

DavyDuke17 wrote:
Thanks gsv2com, I didn't realize that the amount of code also goes into effect.

I don’t think it does anything for Google. SE only read the tags they want and skip the rest so its safe unless you have a stupidly large file but I have never hit that limit and I use nested table all the time.

However Inktomi (who?) you got to format your HTML with line breaks and keep the top area clean.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts