Dynamic Sites and SEO

• Supafresh
  • Born
  • Born
  • Supafresh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi , im a first time poster and long time lurker here on ozzu. I do really appreciate the wealth of knowledge here.

My question is.. Working with a dynamic site, What would be the best approach to SEO. I really used to working with static pages and i understand that the bots cant read Dynamic content.

the only way i can think of now would be to get a ton of links that have targeted anchor text to the main page.

Any Advice?
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

bots read dynamic content, some just have problems spidering pages with cgi variables ?var=x;var=y attached to the end of the URL. Most bots can read even the dynamic pages like that these days... there are ways around it usually depending on what scripting language you're using... you'll have to be more specific about what 'dynamic' technology you're wanting to use
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
My question is.. Working with a dynamic site, What would be the best approach to SEO. I really used to working with static pages and i understand that the bots cant read Dynamic content.

bots can and cannot read dynamic url. as long as there is not too many ? (how do you call this? variables) yeah variables in the url. not too many and you shld be fine.

what do you mean by dynamic content? were you refering to dynamic url or page contents? :?
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
bots can and cannot read dynamic url. as long as there is not too many ? (how do you call this? variables) yeah variables in the url. not too many and you shld be fine.

Well one of my site is dynamic product (shopping cart) type site, used ASP as language, up since 6-8 month, i have checked with site: command, It shows only homepage, does that mean its not spiderable, site is: http://www.indianhockeyshop.com

Please advice

kashyap
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

PHP, ASP, etc. are server-side scripting languages. This means that the pages the bots view are actually static HTML since all of the dynamic content is converted to HTML before the bot views the page.

Bots do have a hard time reading websites with a lot of variables in the URL. The best way to avoid this is by using mod_rewrite.
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's a question.. anyone know if any of the search engines penalize scripted pages in any way compared to standard .htm files since it's easier to use SEO tricks within them?
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

ZenSEO wrote:
Here's a question.. anyone know if any of the search engines penalize scripted pages in any way compared to standard .htm files since it's easier to use SEO tricks within them?

Not to my knowledge.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts