Fact or Fiction Search engine myths and facts.

• virtualwebc
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lets see if we can eliminate some of the facts and myths about search engine submissions.

Is it true does any one know? If you want to add but yet hide keywords on your site you put the words with the same color font as your back ground, type them in say 25 -35 times on the page to where it is hidden.
I have hared both ways that it works some designers have swore to it. Some people just say that they are full of it. What do you think?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is just outright spam. It can work if you do not get caught by the filters, but I hope everyone gets caught that does it ;-)
  • dprichard
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Clearwater Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have seen sites that do it that rank well. I would never try it just because it is not worth the risk to me. I know that more then once though I have seen people do it and get away with it at least up to the point that I viewed the site.
  • virtualwebc
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guess I can see that it may be a little along the lines of cheating now that you mention it. Any suggestions on fully optimising a flash web site?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dont use one ;-)

I have read that some search engines are starting to be able to read flash text. I still would never use flash if I expected to make an ecommerce website successful.
  • DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I guess that if you were in a really highly competitive market that you didn't want to take the massive hours of link campaigning and SEO...you could get away with using a flash site. However you'd have to get most all your visitors through advertising. There is of course the alternative and make 2 sites, one html and one flash.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

what a coincidence. i was approached to rebuild a flash based website and its e-commerce website.

I thought it was pretty difficult to make it successful as vetofunk has pointed out.

Any good idea on making flash websites popular?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think they are popular on non-ecommerce sites. I love watching many of them. But for ecommerce, I do not want to wait to get to the product, I want it now.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

The main problem with 100% flash ecommerce sites is that it all sits under a single URL. It doesn't go to a different page for each product. Which means that products can't be bookmarked, passed around by word-of-mouth, and can't be seen by the search engines (even if they can see the content, they're still sending you to a URL with initial content that has nothing to do with that product).

The more bells and whistles you have on a store, the harder you make it for customers to order.

If a customer can't checkout within just a handful of clicks, or they're distracted away from the product information by your over-the-top flashy & fancy navigation animations, they're going to close your site and go somewhere else.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

how about having a flash intro and the rest of pages are html?
for an e-commerce website.
skip intro button too.

does that still make sense in an e commerce website?

I dont see many of e commerce websites having a flash intro..
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess it depends what page you want to fucus all your efforts on. I would say a main page with plenty of text...one that is search engine friendly.

I will be working on a new client soon that has quite a few problems going on, one of them being the flash homepage... Click Here

I will update you on my changes to this site to see what works.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

seems like the site has pr 5 but redirected into that flash page which is 4.
the client who has approached me has a flash intro just like that. deep *plum*.

keep me updated on chnages willya?
cheers!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts