a few questions in regards to problems...

• stickfigure
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • stickfigure

Post 3+ Months Ago

one of my sites have a search engine that searches the site everytime a user enters a keyword.

for this specifically, everything but my index page has a meta tag generated for the site search engine.

could this hurt me in the big time search engines (google, yahoo, etc) search engines?

i deleted useless parts of the meta tag such as copyright, refresh, etc on these pages (but the CORRECT meta tag resides in my index page) though 90% of my main traffic never hits the index page.. most enter through a branched page and do there business from there.

also, is there a thing as "too much keywords"?
in my meta tag for my index.html page i have nearly every item or feature listed. could this hurt as well, or be considered "spamming" to the spider?

i havent been hitting much of a drought with hits (averages site-wide 200-500 a day) but i would like to optimize potential traffic to the absolute max for my target audience. who wouldnt?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google dosen't even look at meta tas. It completely ignores them.

Meta tags are used by smaller, older search engines.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google does look at the description meta tag. I have seen many listings, where the actual Google description of the site is from the description meta tag.

The description tag is weighted heavily in MSN for instance.

I am not really sure that either of these even look at the keyword meta tag though.
  • stickfigure
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • stickfigure

Post 3+ Months Ago

whats the best way to optimize? repetition by the use of detailed descriptions and alt tags?

what constitutes for spaming? doing somthing like widget widget widget widget in your description?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts