Getting search engine traffic to ozzu?

• Willy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Willy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was wondering what methods work best to getting search engine traffic here.

I was making my own message board and was interested any tips you may have (submitting certian pages places etc ... )

thx
Justin
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

All I really do to get traffic here is increase PageRank and have indexable content by Google. See this post for how you can work on increasing you PageRank (PR):

http://www.ozzu.com/viewtopic.php?t=926

It is important to remember that by creating a website that is extremely useful to others, is a sure sign you will get lots of traffic from search engines. Search engines have it built into their algorithm to try to send traffic to high quality sites that match what people are looking for. So if you do a good job to create a highly useful site that people love and you submit to numerous directoreis as I mentioned in that post above, you will likely do well.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

BigWebmaster

I appreciate the backlinks I get from ozzu.com and would like to link back to you from my site map. Do you have any particular code I could use.

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

use the referer link, then you can earn money :D
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you give me a sample or a link to the source....I can't find the email I received when I registered.

thanks
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just click on your profile link and it will give you all the info there :D
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

it has to be quality content does it? :(

Ok here's my little idea I had a while ago that I haven't got to writing the scripts for yet.

I don't know how many people here are familiar with those horrible safelist services. You sign up (often you have to pay) and all you get is between 50 and 2000 emails a day and the right to send email (using the safelist owner's servers) to everyone on the list. These are terrible because noone ever reads their emails.

Now here's the trick. Write a script that reads a list of articles from a database automatically and makes links to display the entire articles. Now, feed that database through a script which downloads emails from a POP3 server. Automate this to run every hour using a cron job, then sign up for as many safelists as you can. Basicaly what happens is every email you receive ends up on a site, and that site is automatically updated hourly.

There is one obvious problem with this, and that's that the engines will index the pages containing the ad mails you receive, and when someone clicks on a result they will be directed to a safelist ad article.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts