Google, Booble... ??????

• Brianr
  • Born
  • Born
  • Brianr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Howdy all,

I read a lot about the case Booble against Google. I use Google a lot, it is my primary search engine. When I saw al the news articles about Booble I acspect that Booble is just like Google a superior search engine. But it is not. It is a lousy search engine. My interest to find a good adult search engine was awake. I start to search for a quality adult search engine, and I found a article on AVN online about a high end adult movie and picture search http://www.avnonline.com/issues/200402/ ... 04_8.shtml

With some negative feelings I start to test this pretty new search engine, http://www.askjolene.com/ because my experience with another adult search engine (Booble) were very bad. But this thing is unbelievable! AVN wrote that a small group of information retrieval software engineers build this engine. And I must say, from my first keystroke, I got the feeling that this search engine gives me relevant results. And it did. After a while I discovered the Advance search options and without any shame, it is enormous excellent. The problem with this new search engine is, that it is fun to use and it makes me addict to it.

No I’m wondering, why is there a lot of rumour about a fed-up service like Booble and why is there so little attention for this new search engine? Is that only about the name or are we just lazy and don’t we wont to discover new good things ? For so far I have discovered, http://www.askjolene.com is the only real adult search engine on the net.

If it is only about the marketing… pffff.. maybe it is clever but it gives no satisfaction at all.

Just my opinion.

Brian
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I remember going to Booble, it was pretty funny, especially the logo.
  • pompei
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pompei

Post 3+ Months Ago

Erm. I don't get it. I must have completely missed the Google Booble thing --- I'm assuming that Booble copied Google, which made Google upset at Booble. It couldn't possibly be that Booble was upset at Google, could it!!!??!??

I think I just like saying Google. And Booble.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm guessing by the footer on Booble, it's Google who are pissed at them...

Quote:
Booble.com is not affiliated with any other search engines (for starters, we have a sense of humor).
If you are looking for Google.com, click here

lol.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

its probably that google is pissed cause they didnt think of booble first. Free enterprise, I like it :D
Heh, click on the "sense of humor" link. No wonder theyre pissed.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

HAHAHA LOL!!!
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm. Possible new topic:
Will my PR slip on google because I thought booble was funny?
will my site ever be re-indexed now? :wink:
  • paulryan2
  • Born
  • Born
  • paulryan2

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually wish people would get off trying to rip other sites, like booble is clearly and admittley google, so is like sploogle.com. Even Askjolene.com is a rip of Askjeeves. They both got alot of press out of random legal issues, which I'm sure helped launch their sites.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually wish people would stop bringing up threads that died 2 years ago ;)
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
I actually wish people would stop bringing up threads that died 2 years ago ;)

*scrolling back up* OMG

thats just funny
  • PortProphecy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PortProphecy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I actually wish people would get off trying to rip other sites, like booble is clearly and admittley google, so is like sploogle.com. Even Askjolene.com is a rip of Askjeeves. They both got alot of press out of random legal issues, which I'm sure helped launch their sites.

I actually have to agree with this point. While most people would say Booble and Google are quite different and should't cause any confusion, the "B" on the keyboard is right under "G". How many people of the billions that use Google do you think are one-letter off in their spelling? Grandma thinks she going to the rather-benign Google website and instead is looking at a pair of double D t*tties.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts