Got links?

• seo-girl
  • Born
  • Born
  • seo-girl

Post 3+ Months Ago

CazpianXI wrote:
How do you get non-reciprocal links? (Paid links?)

Well, if everyone has a policy to not link out, nobody would get linked.

A great program for exchanging and managing non-reciprocal links is http://www.linkitforward.com . I recently signed up and even though the program is relatively new, I'm quite impressed with the quality and quantity of links I have received. I hope that helps you in your search for great links.

Best of Luck,

Seo-Girl
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jade456
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm still on the fence about those types of trades. Seems too much like se manipulation.
  • webspace
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Knappa, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

It costs $49.95 per month. RIPP OFF! That's $599.40 a year.

There's not value there.
  • seo-girl
  • Born
  • Born
  • seo-girl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with you that initially the cost may seem high but for me and I'm sure plenty of others out there, the cost of the service is cheaper than the cost of having a full time person employed to do links management, which is something that I was seriously considering. I still have to spend some time going into the program and responding to the link request, etc but it is way less time than what it used to take with the countless amount of emails written for link requests and then the checking to see if your link partner had indeed added the link and then periodically checking that the link was still there.

Just my two cents on the cost of the program :D

Seo-Girl
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

it depends on how good or how confident you are of your site, earn the money back and the price justifies!!

simple enough logic? :-)
  • webspace
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you consider the market.

linkmarktet: less $20/year 6000+ members

links-pal: Is free to join with some really great paid options.

superlinks is dirt chaep

linkalizer can't remember the price I think it's like $20

high PR club $99 one time.

Link explore costs a few hundred but it is still less annually than linkitforward and link explore is totally automated.

You can buy quite a few links for the $599.40/year linkitforward wants.

$599.40 can buy alot of links. You would do more
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*edited*
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say yes if seo-girl created a thread just for that, but this whole thread is about getting links.

Another free one I have had a little bit of success with is Link Partners. I hate all the LinkManager sites listed there though.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

id say yes because her first post was to promote her site... oh and then her 2nd post was too.
  • seo-girl
  • Born
  • Born
  • seo-girl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry Jess I am not promoting "my site"

I work for an Seo company and part of what I do is research the seo and webmaster forums for new and relevant information and interesting threads. Coming across this thread I thought it might be appropriate to mention the service that I just submitted a few of our domains too.

Best Wishes,
Seo-Girl
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

seo-girl wrote:
Sorry Jess I am not promoting "my site"

I work for an Seo company and part of what I do is research the seo and webmaster forums for new and relevant information and interesting threads. Coming across this thread I thought it might be appropriate to mention the service that I just submitted a few of our domains too.

Best Wishes,
Seo-Girl

Well then consider me wrong and good luck ;)

Kinda looks a bit odd though when your first post isn't a helloo its a - "i love this company" and your second follows suit.

no harm mean't

Take care

Jess
  • nanoreef
  • nanoreef

Post 3+ Months Ago

webspace wrote:
When you consider the market.

linkmarktet: less $20/year 6000+ members

links-pal: Is free to join with some really great paid options.

superlinks is dirt chaep

linkalizer can't remember the price I think it's like $20

high PR club $99 one time.

Link explore costs a few hundred but it is still less annually than linkitforward and link explore is totally automated.

You can buy quite a few links for the $599.40/year linkitforward wants.

$599.40 can buy alot of links. You would do more

Hmmm.... didn't even know of some a these options, have to check them all out... thank you!

I actually am signed up already with the "link it forward" system, and I've submitted nearly 30 sites to offer links from. When I first had a look I thought it may be a little steep myself but I understand the value of an appropriate back link, and I certainly know the value of my time in searching them out. Found the link it forward 'concept' somewhat different from many of link schemes currently being offered... so I thought I'd give it a try.

It's pretty user friendly and so far they seem open to suggestions (actually seen changes on the site soon after giving them feedback and figured that's a good sign they take the service they offer seriously... ). The first sites we got some credits for are already recieving back link offers and its been less than 2 weeks since they were put in the system... again not bad for such a new service. I can only imagine that it will take some time to build up their data base.

About these alternatives you've listed, are they all search engine friendly cause I know even some of the bigger player's (link management software etc...) products are not looked upon kindly by the se's, they don't seem to care much for things automated???

Anyway, new to your forum, got a link from a friend and love the look... it's very kewl! Although I did waste 2 signups before I got it right.... don't ask cause its embarrassing... lol

Was actually looking in a number of forums for anyone with experience using the link it forward deal so I might have a better idea what to expect... so far so good, I keep my fingers crossed cause we'z submitting more domains into their database tommorra....

Nanoreef n'amugabeer.... ;-))~~~~~~~~~~~~

....live long and prosper!
  • webspace
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nanoreef

All the programs that I mentioned are search engine freindly.

I think the best bang for the buck is Link Market.

Vetofunk,

What has your experience been with Link Partners?

I don't really like those links manager links pages either.

Everybody probably knows about this site, LinkAdge. When links swaps just won't get you enough links. Just advertise.
  • WebWeaver
  • Born
  • Born
  • WebWeaver
  • Loc: OK

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my first post in the forums; so let me first say Hello All!
My biggest question would be, what are you getting for your $49 a month? Much like a free link...you get what you pay for. Which in most cases is a link from an interior page with far more outbound links than inbound. Webspace mentioned "all these programs are search engine friendly", but that does not mean it will win you points with Google. We all know the passing PR of a page is divided by the number of outgoing links. And are they from relevant pages?
Two problems that webmasters are often faced with is 1. Sites with substantial inbound links and solid PR know the value of their outbound links. (And charge accordingly), and 2. In the really competitive markets, you're going up against companies who wouldn't blink an eye to spend an additional $5,000 a month for more backlinks....to keep them on top.
  • nanoreef
  • nanoreef

Post 3+ Months Ago

WebWeaver wrote:
My biggest question would be, what are you getting for your $49 a month?

Much like a free link...you get what you pay for. Which in most cases is a link from an interior page with far more outbound links than inbound.

Webspace mentioned "all these programs are search engine friendly", but that does not mean it will win you points with Google. We all know the passing PR of a page is divided by the number of outgoing links. And are they from relevant pages?

Two problems that webmasters are often faced with is 1. Sites with substantial inbound links and solid PR know the value of their outbound links. (And charge accordingly), and 2. In the really competitive markets, you're going up against companies who wouldn't blink an eye to spend an additional $5,000 a month for more backlinks....to keep them on top.

Wow... lots to address for only my second post.

I'm assumming you are referring to the http://www.linkitforward.com service when you say $49 bucks, cause that is what they charged us I think... but i was reading on one of the other forums today (don't know if i can mention the name here) that as an introductory offer to members of that particular forum, they are offering an introductory 50% discount that is retroactive. There seemed to be quite a response, but i can't help but wonder "what about memebers of all the other forums"!

Anyway, we joined the "link it forward" service only a few short weeks ago, and we've since put nearly 30 sites up offering back links. All off index pages so far, internal content pages from "seo tutorials" to "how to purchase a used car" and just about everything inbetween, will be put into the system at a later date and links offered up. The first to go into the system has already recieved back links, links that we accepted as being appropriate. It took less than a week too, which is not at all bad for a new service of this type.

As for what you get, it depends on the site you put into the system, your PR, number of existing back links and the number of links you're willing to put into the system... if you have a lot of pages and some PR and existing back links, then you'd probably recieve enough credits to trade for lots of "relevant, non-reciprocal" back links.... not much like a free link at all (less you take the time to find webmasters that will do appropriate and on-topic, non-reciprocal link exchanges with you)... perhaps you do get what you pay for after all... sure hope so cause we where one of the first to sign up.

As for number of out going links... when we enter our pages into the system we limit our offerings to between 10 and 12... but you have to remember, an on-topic non-reciprocal back link from a moderate PR site is worth more in the eye's of the spider than an off-topic reciprocal link from a high PR site... regardless of the out going links on each... at least up to a point.

Internal pages are not necessarily a bad thing either if they are set up right. Take links pages for example... you set them up as "directories or resource" pages, name them as such, break your listing up into distinct categories (one to a page so the page is on theme and can be effectively optimized), provide appropriate anchor text (for both se's and user's) c/w category kw's included, properly optimized descriptive text describing the target, and fully descriptive title attributes. Each page is fully optimized to bridge the gap between the category it covers and the domain wide theme, and a table of contents page (also properly optimized) is included, that links to each of the resource category pages.

Sounds more complicated than it is, it just takes common sense and a bit of time. If your out going links include links to what the se's see as "authority" sites, then in the eyes of the spider, that group of pages is seen as a "hub" providing usability and added value to the end user.
In fact we try and set up our site maps in a similar way and it is amazing how much some, not all, of the se's like them.

Point being, anyone linked to from one of these pages is getting good value because... limited no. of out going links (20 to 30), totally on topic and fully descriptive, optimized appropriately, and both se and user friendly! What more would a se look for in an appropriate back link. Basically it's like a listing in a well laid out, user friendly, on-topic directory or "Hub"...

As for "buying links", I avoid it with a passion. The se's frown upon it and it is expensive!

That's why we're giving "link it forward" a go... it's a great concept, se friendly through and through, and so far it appears to be good value for the investment.

Oh, and thanks to "Webspace" for the offering, I will be looking into his list and passing my own judgement on the services offered.

Sorry for the long post but I felt I had to respond.

Nanoreef thinks it's time for a beer... :flame:
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
As for "buying links", I avoid it with a passion. The se's frown upon it and it is expensive!

And you don't link SE's frown on artificial reciprocal link exchanges?...and even the programs that offer exchange services?

Eventually, reciprocal link exchanges will be greatly devalued...
  • True Balthazar
  • Born
  • Born
  • True Balthazar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok so I am checking sites talking about one of my sites...and I came across this from a SE. I once came to this site when researching phpbb!

Cool. As I can see someone was chatting about linkitforward.com...
I also can see that I am going to get slammed hard for this being my first post.

So looks like I will contribute more, I belong to about 4 other forums of which I contribute most of my time.

Thanks for those of you that were promoting the site! Try not to do it as new members please, I don't want to get accused of SPAMMING Forums.

So I read All the posts and I am glad for the feedback. Looks like most are still on the fence or have never understood non-reciprocal linking.

Anyway the only comment I wanted to make was to the person that called 49.99 a rip-off. Please look before you leap. Site already has 100's of members and if you look on alexa it shows how fast it is growing.

Most of the sites are kept private. And if you compare getting a 1 way link to 49.99 I can see were you think you'll lose money! How about for 40+ 50+ 60+ links still not worth 50 bucks?

Average sites are getting 70-100 backlinks over 2-3 months all different sites and all 1 way, plus if you think about the amount of time it takes to get a backlink by writting emails and getting contact info, then waiting. Most of the time you only end up with a reciprocal link anyway.

I have been called by 3-4 SEO companies wanting to add 30-40 domains and wanting special pricing. So the potential for everyone to get backlinks is huge.

Look at it this way, all it really is doing is connecting webmasters to a central location to exchange links...and giving you a full service backlink software as well. The goal is to get everyone exchanging. It took months to develop and the nice part is I am adding stuff everyday.

I just found it strange that for all the admins that were beta testing they found it to be a great tool. Yet a lot of people just click on pricing see the cost and go bahh not free not for me. If that's your deal don't slam the concept or the site.

But thanks for checking it out. I will try and contribute my SEO and application development skill to this forum!

Desides I like the colors :wink:
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome True Balthazar!

I don't think everyone was slamming the service you provide...I have never used it, anyway. I would rather have webmaster's go and search for links themselves before they decide to pay for a service. I believe the best way to get good links is to search out sites on your own, especially through DMOZ. What I have found from different link exchange services is that many times, all you get is spammy sites that have 30, 40, 50 backlinks to a page and are offtopic. This may not be true with your service though, it's just what I have seen with other link building services.

I have never had any problems going out searching and finding only quality links for my clients. But, if you need a lot of links, very quickly, a paid service can be your friend.
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I do find out link exchange without having reciprocal link requirement criteria, they allow 4-6 weeks to approve your links... My question here is that, the category page in which I submit link have no higher PR than homepage, does that category with no PR or lesser PR works better, or should I find category with higher PR ranks to benefir?

kashyap
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

In DMOZ?
  • nanoreef
  • nanoreef

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
Quote:

And you don't link SE's frown on artificial reciprocal link exchanges?...and even the programs that offer exchange services?

Eventually, reciprocal link exchanges will be greatly devalued...

Absolutely they do, that's why I took an interest in the "link it forward" approach... the back links you get are one way, on-topic, non-reciprocal links that you can choose to accept or not accept... and there is nothing artificial about it. The end result is exactly what you get if you take the time to search for good sites to approach about link exchange... except it saves a lot of time and the links are not reciprocal.

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with reciprocal links so long as they are done appropriately and are on topic. But I do think that contextual, one way links are better... even if only in the eyes of the spider in some cases.

As for your last comment.... I believe that reciprocal link exchanges are already being greatly devalued, or discounted all together if they are off topic or part of a link exchange "scheme", or part of an inappropriate neighborbood of crosslinked sites etc.

And Balthazar... I am a new member of OZZU as well, and I love the look and feel. Looking forward to contributing lots on seo side... only when I have the time though... lol

nanoreef n'amugabeer :shock:
  • nanoreef
  • nanoreef

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
What I have found from different link exchange services is that many times, all you get is spammy sites that have 30, 40, 50 backlinks to a page and are offtopic.

It appears the http://www.linkitforward.com service is, at the very least, an innovative alternative to the situation in which you refer. I am expecting to get good quality, on topic backlinks from the service, if for no other reason than because I have seen many of the sites and pages that have been offered up. For example, we've put a number of quality site into the system to date, and so far only offered up our index pages for links... and believe me our index pages have a hell of lot more links coming in than going out.

Point being, we have a plethora of good conent pages on a lot of different themes, all with relatively few out going links, that we will be adding into the "link it forward" system over time... and we are just one member. I personally know of several webmasters that have lots to offer as well, that are in process or seriously considering joining the "link it forward" service.

vetofunk wrote:
I have never had any problems going out searching and finding only quality links for my clients. But, if you need a lot of links, very quickly, a paid service can be your friend.

Hey man, it's always been the best way and probably always will be... but it takes a lot of time away from the other aspects of production.

Just my opinion and I'm sticking to it... lol

nanoreef wishes he had a beer 0X
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like I said, I have never used your service. I am just stating my opinion on many of the free link exchange services out there.

Good responses though.
  • nanoreef
  • nanoreef

Post 3+ Months Ago

True Balthazar wrote:
Look at it this way, all it really is doing is connecting webmasters to a central location to exchange links...and giving you a full service backlink software as well. The goal is to get everyone exchanging. It took months to develop and the nice part is I am adding stuff everyday.

Just want to add that, one of my colleagues was concerned about the search engines "perception" of the "link it forward" service. She was afraid we would get banned for being a participant if Google or the likes interpreted it as a "linking scheme". Well, "link it forward" ain't no sheme...

I read this on another post.... Scheme... "a statement that evades the question by cleverness or trickery".... like I said, no scheme with "link it forward". It looks like an excellent service, run by people with integrity.

I don't see how Google or any other search engine could interpret "link it forward" as anything more than it is... a way of connecting webmasters to a central location to exchange links in the most appropriate way.

nanoreef still jonesing for a beer!
  • reciprocal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Bemidji, MN 56601

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to make something clear about link exchanges and link farms.
Reciprocal link directorys or directory should be layed out like a search engine. Having the top listings in google for this.. I know exactly what I am talking about for who every is trying to open their lips. Secondly, a link farm is a site that has links all over it, unrelavant content and very unorganized.
  • nanoreef
  • nanoreef

Post 3+ Months Ago

Came back to this post to let you know that because of some start up clitch's, the http://www.linkitforward.com thing is being offered for free, just for the time being i suppose... we have already recieved a refund even though the system has been working for us... but i guess it has been slow "out of the gate" for some, so apparently the change in policy.

Link it Forward has nothing to do with reciprocol links, link farms, ffa's or links from irrelevant sites... quite the contrary. I like the concept and still think it is going to work. In fact i hope to see more services like this coming available...

I just think they're having more code issues more than anything else, nothing that i am sure they'll sort out in time.... and in the mean time its free. And free is always good!

At least no one can accuse them of not trying to make their clients happy!

Nanoreef and lovin it ; -)))~~~~~~~~~~
  • nanoreef
  • nanoreef

Post 3+ Months Ago

reciprocal wrote:
I would like to make something clear about link exchanges and link farms.
Reciprocal link directorys or directory should be layed out like a search engine. Having the top listings in google for this.. I know exactly what I am talking about for who every is trying to open their lips. Secondly, a link farm is a site that has links all over it, unrelavant content and very unorganized.

I understand about how to lay out your "links" page like a directory... c/w properly optimized anchor text, descriptions and title attribute. I also like to include contextual links to othe related page with description, keep thins properly catagorized with each catagory on a page of its own for proper relevance and off-page optimization for the targets.

What i am not quite sure about is what you mean specifically when you refer to "having the top listings in google for this..."

Can you clarify Please???

Thank You in advance...

Nanoreef has once again left the building!

PS... Excuse me if it should obvious to me... lol

After all it is morning in my neck of the woods.... :shock:
  • nanoreef
  • nanoreef

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, never mind... obviously i can't read first thing in the morning!

Thanks anyway... lol :oops:
  • Matt_M_
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

nanoreef wrote:
Came back to this post to let you know that because of some start up clitch's, the http://www.linkitforward.com thing is being offered for free

doesn't look like it to me. :roll:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 59 posts