Got links?

• CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know that one way to get popular in search engines is to get popular sites to link to you. How can I find sites that will link to me? And, how do I go about asking them to link to me?

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Thanol
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Thanol

Post 3+ Months Ago

Politely email them and ask for a link exchange. For the most part the message will be viewed as spam, but eventually you should be able to get someone to trade links with you.

Also asking for a link without giving anything in return might result in no response or a less than polite one.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanol wrote:
Politely email them and ask for a link exchange.

that's pretty much it right there...never hurts to ask. ;)
  • Bompa
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippine Islands

Post 3+ Months Ago

cwp wrote:
I know that one way to get popular in search engines is to get popular sites to link to you. How can I find sites that will link to me? And, how do I go about asking them to link to me?

Thanks.

Try reading my amateur article...

http://webmaster-link-swap-tools.com/ho ... links.html

Bompa
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may want to try searching the web for reciprocal link directories. You will most likely find a large amount of sites where you can exchange links with them.

A good one that I use is linkpartners.com

They list some good sites that exchanges links with others.

Hope this helps you!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bompa your article sums things up nicely. Much of what you have said there is how I worked my sites up to the PR value they have now. The most important part of your article I think is how to find the places to get links from. Do this by going to google and using the link: query on your competition's websites. I have obtained numerous backlinks to the sites I run by doing that. It is a very slick trick probably only a small majority use.
  • clifffrog
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • clifffrog

Post 3+ Months Ago

Beware of link partner sites, google has shut down a lot of link farms in the past and although your site will trade links with other sites, often link partner sites require you to link back to them which google may penalize.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I do when I start with a new client is to look at his competitors backlinks. You can usually find a lot of sites that will links to you.
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've looked into link swapping a little before. The only problem is that the only sites who want to swap links are low PR sites. (This makes sense... why would a high PR site want to swap links?)

Does anyone know if link swapping sites actually work? Or, would I be better off searching for sites to swap links with myself? (Not using a 3rd-party link swapping site)
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well look at your competitors or sites like yours and take a look at the backlinks. All the backlinks (google toolbar) shown are from sites will a PR of at least 4. Find sites within the list to exchange or submit your site to. I do almost all my link submits, exchanges this way.
  • amabaie
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everybody here, so far, has been taking about swapping links or trading links or exchanging links. These are all reciprocal links. They can help, but they are not nearly as useful as non-reciprocal links.

When I optimize for a client, I build a strategy for attracting primarily non-reciprocal links. And it works.

Before I hear the usual chorus of "It can't be done"s, I have a client whose policy is not to link out. Period. When they hired me, they were stuck at #8 in Google for their top most competitive search term. They now hold the #3 and #4 spots (still working on #2).

I don't have any philosophical opposition to exchanging links, as long as those do not form the majority of inbound links. (When Google gets its act together, ti will deeply discount exchanged links, since they are nothing more than an attempt to manipulate their results.) However, I generally work on less-valuable reciprocal links only when the non-reciprocal link well starts running dry.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with you. I do not have any "links" pages on any of my clients sites. I go and look for sites to submit my site to, not to exchange links. But in many areas, in can be quite a large task to find sites to submit your site to, many places now charge for that kind of thing. But for someone who doesn't want to spend hours looking for a site in their business area and has a tight budget, exchanging links may be the way to go. Just make sure you do it correctly and with reputable sites.
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do you get non-reciprocal links? (Paid links?)

Well, if everyone has a policy to not link out, nobody would get linked.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

To get paid links, you just have to look around in your business area. If I go hunting, I find many links in my area that offer paid links.
  • amabaie
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
How do you get non-reciprocal links? (Paid links?)

Submit to directories.
Write articles.
Provide syndicated content.
Create something really cool that other sites will want to link to.

There are many ways to get non-reciprocal links. If a client is rich, and the ROI is worth it, paid links are an option. But they are more temporary.
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I have a couple articles that I submitted to every article database I could find on the Net. Unfortunately, my PR is stuck at 5 :cry:

I know that there's nothing wrong with a 5, but I feel so puny, esp. when I see sites like ozzu.com :wail: (Ozzu needs a wailing smiley)
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No charge to submit your site to my directory.
  • disgust
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • disgust

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, you may want to note that a lot of ozzu's links are actually purchased, not just handed out
  • joker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
well, you may want to note that a lot of ozzu's links are actually purchased, not just handed out

Yes, I think that one of the best way to promote your website and to achieve high ranking is to find purchase some affordable high PR direct links from good website's. For example, I've recently found very interesting offer from PR=6 website at http://www.toptemplatestore.com/advertising.html. ;)
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great Link joker but right now i am too stingy to buy from them. Will get back to them much much later.

know any more site like this? :-)
I will keep a look out for later use.
  • ponpots
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: catmandu

Post 3+ Months Ago

"joker" I wonder how much did you pay for this link???? :?:
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

(at)ponpots, price is listed on the link which joker posted.
  • webspace
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Knappa, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I have a new site. People don't want to link until it is ranked on Google.

You can buy some links at linkdage.com or ebay, there are other places to buy text link adavertising but those are sites that I trust.

Once the ads are out it will take something like 90 days for your site to actually have a PageRank. Once you have PR5 or better you won't have to mess around with trading links PR0-PR4 sites you can just trade links with sites that already have a PR5 or PR6.

You can use this site to get reciprocal links linkmarket.net is my favorite.

I get alot of link swap request. I hardly do any link begging of my own.

That just for google rankings you might consider trading links with any and every site that has a well organized link section. ie the links are organized into catagories. science travel sports etc. because these links will generate click through.

You can link to something link 40 PR0 sites from a PR4 links page and it won't hurt your overall site rankings as long as there are enough sites that link into you main page. This especially key when your site is already showing up top ten on meta searches. Once your search engine is maxed out consider trading links with unrelated sites just to get more click-thru. It's like when you go to the checkout counter and there is all that gum and soda pop right there. These links will get you incidental click-thrus.

I hope this is imforative.
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

What if my site has been here for 2 years plus already..initially it was 5 and it dropped to like 3? how? It doesnt increase? Are there any way i can save it from dropping? I have tried listing myself in the Exchange Link site like linkexchange.com.

I have heard the people here..sayiing how easy it is to increase pr..but i dont know why my site has been hanging low for so long despite the content,keywords i have added..

Does anyone know how i can further improve my site? Let say i have pr 3, can i exchange links with pr 3 sites? would it help to increase? or should i get at least pr4 to get myself Pulled up to Pr 5?
  • webspace
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's a list of directories where you can submit your website.

Directory Listings
That is one of my pages.
I haven't got around to finnishing it yet.

I have a web directory that I just put a fashion page in. You can submit there. The link is below.
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee

Post 3+ Months Ago

So do you mean i need more Links to my website? Or what is the root of the problem ?

Anyway Those DIRECTORIES are real USEFUL! Thanks alot. I will register as much as i can. Thanks again. But wads the real probelm :(
  • webspace
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Get as many links as you can.

Get the free ones.

Then the reciprocal links.

Then pay for some if you have to.

Here's my favorite link exchange

It is by far the fast growing link exchange directory. You can easily get 100s of quality links. These will help your rankings dramatically.
  • Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you very much. Hope it works as I have not much time left. Got to make it work in 2mths. sigh.. :(
  • webspace
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's the deal with 2 months?

Here's another reciprocal links resource Link-Pal
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

wish i could have met my datelines so far.

but as far as I can see, having datelines for these SE esp google, are not working too well..... lol.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 59 posts