Help Me Get Noticed

• northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently finished my website: http://www.stayinshadow.com.

I must admit I'm pretty cluless as to how to use META tags/ phrases so my site will get picked up in Google and any other search engines. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should be putting in my html and get my site noticed?

Thanks
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suggest you have a really good look through this topic section as it is full of great suggestions to using META tags succesfully. You just need to do some research :wink:
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, this topic section should provide you with enough information (or the Google topic that's right next to it).

Bear in mind that search engines nowadays don't really weight the meta tags very much because they've been misused so often already, so make sure you don't overdo it on things like the keywords meta tag so that search engines don't end up penalizing you. Basically, keep your meta tags honest in the sense that they reflect your content, otherwise it will just be disregarded anyway.
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

Before adding metatags to the head section of your site it's always best to read up on the best ways to use and write metatags.

When doing my metatags, I had found quite abit of information on the Web about the use of metatags. As a result, I have now got many good listings in google with a steady flow of traffic.

It's always best to make your metatags description and sites title sort and straight to the point. Also do not use to many keywords within your metatags. Another words don't use keywords that don't related to the content of your site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts