SE Help

• Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ft Worth TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys. I'm getting basically NO TRAFFIC at all from search engines, and basically was wondering if someone could give me some pointers or just look at my page and see if there is something I'm not doing right.

Any and All help would be appreciated!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well if you want to get good traffic from google, the higher you make your google page rank, the better off you will be as your site will be more relevant for searches on keywords. Secondly the more pages you have on your site that google and other search engines can follow the better off you will probably stand. I recommend that you download the Google Toolbar so that you can see your page rank of your sites and other sites who link to you. You can find the google toolbar here:

http://toolbar.google.com/
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I got the toolbar(assneck suggested it to me a few days ago)......

I have a PR4.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I noticed that you don't have alt attributes with all of your image tags. I've read in several articles that google (and possibly other search engines) will index the alt text. You might want to break up and move some of the keyword lists that you have on the pages themselves into the alt text of you images. I added my main keyword phrase to the alt text of my logo and it seemed to improve my listing in Google. You've got lots of images so you can spread them around. Remember to put your best keyword phrases as close to the top of the page as possible as the search engines give greater weight to text at the top of the page.

On the other hand using lists of keywords on the pages themselves with small fonts and/or a similar color to the background page color may actually hurt your chances. Search engines may penalize you if they think you're just listing or using hidden text.

Make sure all your pages have description meta tags - one appeared to be missing when I looked at them (http://www.dailybikinipictures.com/). You can probably squeeze another keyword phrase into the title of that page too.
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your advice, I will do some adjustments to my pages... are there any sites that offer assistance with meta tag and description?
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you search google for "meta tag analyzer" or "meta tag builder" you'll find lots of free resources out there. There is a free, basic meta tag builder at http://www.scrubtheweb.com/abs/builder.html - they have a meta tag analyzer too that will check the basic title, keywords and description tags for your page. They will also check your keyword density if you become a paying member, but I don't recommend it as I haven't seen anything there that can't be found for free elswhere. For example, there is a free site that does keyword density http://www.keyworddensity.com/

Also I would avoid the "free site submission" tools at some of these sites as I tried them and got spammed pretty bad (they make you submit an email address claiming that some engines require one).
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

RichB wrote:
Also I would avoid the "free site submission" tools at some of these sites as I tried them and got spammed pretty bad (they make you submit an email address claiming that some engines require one).

If you do decide to use a "free site submission" tool, I recommend getting a hotmail account and use that email instead of your real one, to avoid the spam. I use hotmail addresses for things I usually do not trust.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used a free tool called "submit it" once, and i rec'd over 1500 emails in
less than 24hrs. That's no exaggeration, it was awful. I'm just glad it
was to an account that I wasn't planning on using anyway. I had never
thought about it that way - crazy and annoying.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts