Help with http://www.teachercertificate.com

• teacher
  • Born
  • Born
  • teacher

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everybody. Marry Christmas and Happy New Year. Here is a new face in this forum. To strat with I am not a programmer or professional in web design, but know a thing or two. Basically I'm a novice. Therefore, need professional help.
I tried hard via numerous serch engine optimizers and webmaster tools to succeed in creating a top ranking code for my website but appearently something went wrong with it. I even compared my keyword selection and meta tags with other competitors' websites and mine seemed better. Nevertheless, my website keeps legging behind and most of the time I cannot even get it listed.
I would appreciate anybody's help to guide me through all this hardship for me.
Thanks
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

How long has this site been live? It's still has a PR of 0 so your going to have to be patient...with Google anyway.
  • Daniel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Daniel

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a nice site, but I would recommend putting so html links in the footer as most serach engines can't follow the flash links.
  • teacher
  • Born
  • Born
  • teacher

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reply. I am patient, but still wanted a professional to have my code checked.
[/img]
  • Daniel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Daniel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well as far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with your code + meta tags are bascially ignored by most search engines, just work on getting backlinks with your keyword as anchor text, and you will soon see a rise in your search engine position :)
  • meta-monger
  • meta-monger
  • Loc: Middle of Knowhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

Professionally, I'd have to agree with one of the statements above... The keyword tag is weighed less and less each year and in some instances not even used when listing sites. This is due to improper use of the tag. Often people spam the tag. Weither they know they're doing it or not -- like you. For instance, in the keyword meta-tag, you use the term:

- tesol appears 38 times
- tefl appears 35 times
- tesl appear 32 times
- certificate appears 6 times
- teacher appears 7 times

and the list goes on and on .... seems like spamming to me. I'm suprised none of the other experts here caught this.

It's possible your site was penalized for Keyword spamming in the Meta tags. Try using just one or two instances of each keyword. Do it now before your site is permantely blacklisted.

I wish I could have got this message to you sooner... but I only visit this forum once in a blue-moon.
  • gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

meta-monger is right, that META Keywords tag is too much. I recommend cutting it down to 15-20 keywords.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts