help with link popularity

• Rambosko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rambosko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I understand that the more sites that have links pointing to your site you have the better chance your site is going have at being ranked high.

However can this work the opposite way too? If I add a link to a website whose ranking in the search engine is very good, will this help my ranking.

If not how do I benefit from adding a links page? I'm slightly confused.
  • WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Rambosko,

Generally speaking, inbound links (others linking to your site) will help your rankings more than outbound links (you linking to other sites). The most general term that can be used to describe this is "popularity". If there are a lot of other, credible sites linking to yours, it indicates that your site is popular, and therefore, the assumption is made that you have a quality site. If you are linking to other sites, however, this makes their sites look more popular, but does nothing to enhance the credibility of your site. :wink:

HTH,
Sam
  • Rambosko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rambosko

Post 3+ Months Ago

that does help :)

thanks alot for that info :)

Ram.
  • Ganceann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Ganceann

Post 3+ Months Ago

Outbound links inherently did cast a vote in terms of pagerank... but with search engines always refining, outbound links can help your site in some regard by helping search engines relate your site better to existing websites.

By relating your site to other sites, the search engines can therefore hopefully send better targeted traffic when it returns your site in serps ... that is the theory, but not always the case in reality due to the fact that there is so much spam and serps abusers out there that any form of linking will be abused and de-credited.

Good internal link structure can help get your site crawled deeper and therefore better coverage in the search engines and as a result can pick up on the less competitive search terms.

Overall, everything you can think of that is good will help in some respect... it is the overal SEO that can bring attention to your site and therefore help natural inbound links.

The theory is always better than the reality.
  • loanskey
  • loanskey

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey your ranking starts from zero..
you are not supposed to worry about the ourgoing links .
PR is not only the considration. Contents also does matters for any website.

If you have unique contents on your websites that will be better for you

you must remember "Content is the KING" for web

but building the inbould links are also impotant for any websites you can do that by installing a link sharing script on seprate domain (say subdomain) of your main website.

IF you have a loan and mortage realted websites then http://loanskey.com will alow you to get free backlink. you needs to register with them as advertiser and good thing is that they donot take any fee for that.

regards
Ravish Kumar

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts