"helping" the search engines

• ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys i've got a business site that sells several products... the products are ranked pretty well for the most part, only problem is the engines rank the main page not the product subpages... i actually wrote a little script that reads the refering page name searching for keywords and then forwards the person to the correct product page. So for example if someone goes to yahoo and searches for my keyword, when they click on the link it sees the keyword in the yahoo reference and forwards to that product page. If a person (or search engine) just goes to the site or the subpages with no refering link including that keyword it just goes to the regular site. Added benefit being if someone clicks on a link to our site on a regular site that has the keyword in it's page reference, it'll forward it automatically too.

Do the search engines consider this spam? I don't know if there's any way a spider would ever know that this was being done since it would have to traverse one of it's own search engine links to get to the site :) this isn't designed to help rankings at all, just to get customers to the best page when they come in from the engines... anyone else do this?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

bump... anyone? BuElLeR?
  • Denni08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Denni08
  • Loc: Cincy Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

UHHHH Yea sure
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

why not just optimise your product page for SE?
instead of redirecting it...

doesnt make sense. please explain.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts