How to get a website to the top of search engine rankings?

• bdlingafel
  • Born
  • Born
  • bdlingafel

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've just recently started a website design business and one of my clients is begging me to get his site to the top of the rankings, can you help? You can see a link to the site in my profile. Basically it is an advertising site for many different bands, djs, reception halls, etc. This will be a place that people will go to if they are getting married and they will have everything they need right in front of them. Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dvduval
  • dvduval

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say keep moving forward with a site that is truly helpful. Where possible, get real people involved on the site, and make sure that these people will have a reason to get involved and return again and again. If you master this strategy, it will knock the socks off of any seo effort.
  • bdlingafel
  • Born
  • Born
  • bdlingafel

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off, do you think this type of site will be able to make it to the top of the rankings? Second off, what are some examples of ways that I could do what you suggested above?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ignoring the fact that there's really no content on that site at the moment to promote in the first place, a few quick searches for the keywords that site looks like it might target appear to be pretty competitive.

If you want to know how hard it's going to be, the first thing you want to do is search for key phrases you think your visitors will search for.

In the results, if you see a light yellow block on top of the results with "sponsored" results it's going to be pretty much impossible without deep pockets, if you see just a long list of sponsored results on the right side of the page it's going to be hard, and if you don't see many sponsored results on the right side of the page or no sponsored results at all, it's not gong to be too hard.
  • bdlingafel
  • Born
  • Born
  • bdlingafel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, he's working on getting people to pay to get their name up on the site as we speak. Eventually there will be around 20 different types of vendors and we're hoping for over 300 vendors in the first year.

So, you're basically telling me that this site will be impossible to get in the top, say 30, sites on google for many keywords?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts