how do u make your link exchange...

  • cdx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 103
  • Loc: Israel

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey everyone...

I have few questions about link exchange...

1. Du have your own html code (including the anchor text...) and you just mail the one you are exchanging links with ?

2. Where do u put the links, in a LINKS.HTML page or in the buttom? Is it make any difference?

Thanks!

Cdx.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Posts: 162
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Usually send an email with the instruction to the person I am exchanging links with.

Also, I read some messages that you PR is not being transferred from link pages with the names link, links, etc...
  • delhipro
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • delhipro
  • Posts: 28
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you think link exchange can really help in getting higher rankings on google
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 588

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh course!
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2245
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, but it is always good to exchange links that are in your same industry.
  • cdx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 103
  • Loc: Israel

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
Yes, but it is always good to exchange links that are in your same industry.


Yep. Make sense.

Do u think google is recognize that you are maknig link exchange with someone in the industry, but not in your area?

For example: If I have renting apartments company in Lisbon and I am exchanging links with someone from Sydney (With a similar company). Does it help me becuase of the keywords content? or It's better to have someone from my area ?

-Does google that smart ?
  • cdx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 103
  • Loc: Israel

Post 3+ Months Ago

eCommando wrote:
Also, I read some messages that you PR is not being transferred from link pages with the names link, links, etc...


Can you explain more about it?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2245
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

cdx wrote:
vetofunk wrote:
Yes, but it is always good to exchange links that are in your same industry.


Yep. Make sense.

Do u think google is recognize that you are maknig link exchange with someone in the industry, but not in your area?

For example: If I have renting apartments company in Lisbon and I am exchanging links with someone from Sydney (With a similar company). Does it help me becuase of the keywords content? or It's better to have someone from my area ?

-Does google that smart ?


Well I try to get as many in the actual same DMOZ category and I know Google has the ability to look at that.
  • Kai
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Kai
  • Posts: 8
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

delhipro wrote:
Do you think link exchange can really help in getting higher rankings on google


Go into google and type "unelectable" (without the "). The first page to come up is the biography page for George W Bush. Now look at the on the page content. How many times to you find that word?

This is done by linking with a certain link text.

Proof?:

Go back to google and type "allinanchor:unelectable" (without the ").

Google Guide wrote:
If you start your query with allinanchor:, Google restricts results to pages containing all query terms you specify in the anchor text on links to the page. For example, [ allinanchor: best museums sydney ] will return only pages in which the anchor text on links to the pages contain the words "best," "museums," and "sydney." Anchor text is the text on a page that is linked to another web page or a different place on the current page. When you click on anchor text, you will be taken to the page or place on the page to which it is linked. When using allinanchor: in your query, do not include any other search operators. The functionality of allinanchor: is also available through the Advanced Web Search page, under Occurrences.


again, the same page.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2245
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kai wrote:
delhipro wrote:
Do you think link exchange can really help in getting higher rankings on google


Go into google and type "unelectable" (without the "). The first page to come up is the biography page for George W Bush. Now look at the on the page content. How many times to you find that word?

This is done by linking with a certain link text.

Proof?:

Go back to google and type "allinanchor:unelectable" (without the ").

Google Guide wrote:
If you start your query with allinanchor:, Google restricts results to pages containing all query terms you specify in the anchor text on links to the page. For example, [ allinanchor: best museums sydney ] will return only pages in which the anchor text on links to the pages contain the words "best," "museums," and "sydney." Anchor text is the text on a page that is linked to another web page or a different place on the current page. When you click on anchor text, you will be taken to the page or place on the page to which it is linked. When using allinanchor: in your query, do not include any other search operators. The functionality of allinanchor: is also available through the Advanced Web Search page, under Occurrences.


again, the same page.


Yep, thats a good example of the power. This is sometimes called a GoogleBomb.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Posts: 2115
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

any good links on googleBomb? love to read abt it..
lol
  • ccb056
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 189

Post 3+ Months Ago

miserable failure
waffles
french military victories
weapons of mass destruction
  • Shrek_Update
  • Student
  • Student
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 73

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a script to exchange links. It does two thinngs
1) It is a directory script that creates static search engine friendly pages with direct links

2) It automatically sends notification letters to those who submitted they site to my directory.

I found it easy and it is our product - you can learn more about it at http://www.aewebworks.com/aedirectory.htm
  • joker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joker
  • Posts: 25

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Yes, but it is always good to exchange links that are in your same industry.

This rule is not working now, but I think in the nearest future it will work. So try to get links from sites with close subject. ;)
  • philgill
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 24

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have to remember that a link to your page is like a vote. If google sees a site that has the same topic as yours it will assume that they are voting for you. Always try to link to relevant sites if you have a choice. Don't forget to backlink to yourself from your own pages too.
Phil

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.