How many directories have you submitted your site to?

• manytopsites
  • manytopsites

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally i have submitted to two or maybe three,, as i dont seem to get the repricorial code right and got bored with it kinda fast.. So i want to know how many sites you have submitted too and if you think it is worth it?
thank you :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Twice and no respectively. I've been surfing the internet for a dozen years now, and not once have I ever looked at or used a directory for anything. I submitted to DMOZ about 4 years ago and two years ago and still not listed, and there was a former member here I remember submitting to once, but that's it. Most directories people try to get listed at, I've never even heard of, and I doubt most people have either. I get traffic from a dozen or more search engines, so never saw the point of wasting my time on directories.
  • manytopsites
  • manytopsites

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that directories are a big hype and are there really any people on this forum ,that can say that free directories have helped them alot? are there,,?
I can see that investing in paid directories might help, but posting to X numbers of free directories cant seem to be worth the time spent..
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

People on DMOZ Directory are very slow in reviewing submitted sites that's why until now many sites did not even get listed.
  • cEejay_01
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cEejay_01

Post 3+ Months Ago

as many as I can as long it is a quality directory.

The good thing in directory submission is the unique backlinks they can provide
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

manytopsites wrote:
I think that directories are a big hype and are there really any people on this forum ,that can say that free directories have helped them alot? are there,,?
I can see that investing in paid directories might help, but posting to X numbers of free directories cant seem to be worth the time spent..

Then why are you promoting one in your signature?
  • cEejay_01
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cEejay_01

Post 3+ Months Ago

manytopsites wrote:

It may not help in terms of traffic but it can help in terms of backlinks which can also help to improve your PR.

Google penalized some paid directories so I don't think its advisable. Why we will pay if we can have it free.
The thing is -- the quality of the site...
  • skysoldier
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

manytopsites wrote:
I think that directories are a big hype and are there really any people on this forums,that can say that free directories have helped them alot? are there,,?

It helps my friend, like cEejay_01 said submitting to free directories are not bad at all as long as the
directory your submitting your site to is a quality one!

After all the best thing in this world is Free
:roll:
  • martens
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • martens

Post 3+ Months Ago

Free? no i think payd
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are some free quality directories but as we all know maybe the best thing in this world is Free but you get what you pay for :)
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

there is a lot of quality and related directories on which you can submit your site for free and the google penalized the directories paid selling links.
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

the directories are exist so they can have links on them so if a quality directory charge a fee for review of your site doesnt mean that is a paid link!
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
manytopsites wrote:

Then why are you promoting one in your signature?

classic.

I am listed in around 600 directories, I didnt do it for traffic, I can tell you that in 3 months from 600 directories I havnt had 1 piece of traffic except from businessseek.biz (Paid featured link $20 for months i think)

I did it just to get my site indexed by google faster, but I am way to fat and lazy to enter myself into the directories, I paid some guy like $30SD to do it for me.

And even now I pay people to add my site to social book mark sites because im to lazy to do it myself, and I even have the button on my site to do it, I just cbf clicking it.
  • erikko
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • erikko

Post 3+ Months Ago

as many as i can as long as the directories are good and with quality
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

I submit as many as I can too because that more you submit the more you have a chance to get more backlinks...But be sure that you submit your site in different directory and not redundant to one directory...because the consequence of it is probably you get banned or when your submission is still on acceptance probably it will not be accepted...
  • whatahome
  • whatahome
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

manytopsites wrote:
Personally i have submitted to two or maybe three,, as i dont seem to get the repricorial code right and got bored with it kinda fast.. So i want to know how many sites you have submitted too and if you think it is worth it?

I dont submit much. Directories are sometime time consuming. Probably the link you submitted will not exist there after three months. So could possible when google check links on pr update and ur site was not there. :lol:
  • skysoldier
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

For now, I'm starting to submit to directories as many as I can too! :)
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

manytopsites wrote:

I submiited my site to directories as many as I can. A directory with PR is better..
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

Then you can check and my directory http://www.bidlink.eu its a pr4 with many pr4 and pr3 categories.
  • Puneet Thakkar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

i go for both .... free as well as paid directories as long as i think they are quality and worth it.

I submit to free directories which are not messed up and link farm .... and few paid dirs which are not only meant for profits or earnings .... i pay to quality directories from which my sites get good result or support from it
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can submit as many as you can as long as it is different directories...Don't get multiple submission in one directories because you might be penalized or get banned...Directory submission is not only in quantity (on how many directories your site submitted), it is important that you submit your site in a quality one...
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

my friend flash sites allthought are very beatiful are not search engines friendly os if you are going to submit here http://www.bidlink.eu/Ireland/
submit your inner page after the flash intro that will benefit more (the page i gave u to submit is a pr4 page revelant to your site country with only 3 outgoing links) thats a bargain for 3$ if you ask me:)
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

scoobby wrote:
my friend flash sites allthought are very beatiful are not search engines friendly os if you are going to submit here http://www.bidlink.eu/Ireland/
submit your inner page after the flash intro that will benefit more (the page i gave u to submit is a pr4 page revelant to your site country with only 3 outgoing links) thats a bargain for 3$ if you ask me:)

That is a nice idea...but I can say that you can SEO flash now...this might give you better information ==> http://www.seoconsultants.com/articles/2598/flash/
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the link.

i have heard of others about now flash became more SE friendly but i didnt get any proofs.Now i can see if it is working(others will try it for me ;) and if results are good i will consider to use it on a future project)
thanks
  • cEejay_01
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cEejay_01

Post 3+ Months Ago

martens wrote:
Free? no i think payd

You better avoid paid directory for now since Google putted their eyes on the paid directories,.
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

cEejay_01 wrote:
martens wrote:
Free? no i think payd

You better avoid paid directory for now since Google putted their eyes on the paid directories,.

The directories that you are refering get penalised for interlinking one each other and some other factors and not because their are charged some money for your site to be reviewed eitherway if a directory get penalised your site will be not.Doesnt exist a thing called bad link,all links are good,just some of them have no great value
if there were a bad link that can harm your site then our services we will be way more expensive and popular,you know why?because your competitors will go and submit your link at those directories
if that was the case then i would rather prefer to get my directory also penalise :twisted:
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

scoobby wrote:
cEejay_01 wrote:
martens wrote:
Free? no i think payd

The directories that you are refering get penalised for interlinking one each other and some other factors and not because their are charged some money for your site to be reviewed eitherway if a directory get penalised your site will be not.Doesnt exist a thing called bad link,all links are good,just some of them have no great value
if there were a bad link that can harm your site then our services we will be way more expensive and popular,you know why?because your competitors will go and submit your link at those directories
if that was the case then i would rather prefer to get my directory also penalise :twisted:

oh I think we're back in this conversation regarding free and paid directories...

http://www.ozzu.com/other-search-engines/directories-debate-t81794-15.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts