How many hits?

• camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I tried searching the forum for this, but didn't see anything. The question is open to everyone:

How many hits are you getting from search engines?

I am constantly adding new content to my site, and have found I am averaging a 15% or more increase in hits from search engines every month. Has anyone followed this pattern, and then hit a cap? I have no idea what the search engine potential is. Right now I am getting around 1,500 unique hits a month from search engines.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

It varies from site to site... Here's three of mine from Dec 1st to today (pages viewed, bandwidth used to view 'em).

Site 1 : 4746 pages, 26.36Meg
Site 2 : 6653 pages, 63.37Meg
Site 3 : 76263, 3.26Gig :mrgreen:

It's slowly increasing... At the beginning of the year, search engines sucked down about 9Gig on Site 3 for January. Last month it was near 14Gig (this site gets 300-500 posts per day in its forum, so ALWAYS new stuff being added for search engines to see).

The other two sites have been pretty settled for the past few months. I get surges when I add new content, and that level seems to hold the following month or two. At this point, if I add no more content, they'll start to slip a bit, if I add new content, they'll get hit more.

I'm working on developing a LOT of content for one of my sites, and testing out a few theories over the next few months just to see how things pan out.

I don't really think there's a cap though. I really don't think there's a single website out there that could bring, say, Google to its knees. It may take it a while to get all the info absorbed (assuming nothing changes or gets added on the site that Google now has to go find), but it will get it all eventually. :)
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It fluctuates from month to month. Usually around 10,000 between my two sites. :)
  • benoitb
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Washington, DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

It fluctuates with the google updates.
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like there really is no limit as long as you have plenty of content, and keep adding to it. The month is half over, and I am target for another 15+% increase in hits from them.
  • MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ive watched mine climb steadily from month to month..Its just now halfway through december and Im already at has many page views this month as i was last month

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts