How much time is required?

• montyauto
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the SEO tutorials and the information about SEO.

Now I curious about how much time is required:
- for a new website to get listed in Google, Yahoo, MSN etc
- to get rank at top 100
- to get rank at top 10
- to get #1 rank

Then at the last but not least:
Any thoughts on how much time a webmaster using SEO it needs to invest to protect his ranking once it is established?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• krismeister
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • krismeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any answer someone would give you would be too hypothetical.

If your keywords which you want #1 ranking are "losing weight" I'd pretty much say it would take a lot of time to even get near the top 100. If your keyword is "Mösting" - the name of a medium sized crater on the moon, you could become #1 in a week.

Again how much time you invest depends on how much competition you have. Most important thing is to always add content and interesting enough content that people link to you.
  • wallarookiller
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea I started a new site and in a week i had top search terms it was great and really fast. It was the fastest id ever even been included in the google index noless top ten on some of my key words. but on the other hand its takin me weeks to even get listed in google with no chance of being near the top 10 pages! so it really depends on what your keywords are and content content content. You can get tons of backlinks and great possitioning in the serps if you constantly strive to have the best content.
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

montyauto wrote:
Thanks for the SEO tutorials and the information about SEO.

Now I curious about how much time is required:
- for a new website to get listed in Google, Yahoo, MSN etc
- to get rank at top 100
- to get rank at top 10
- to get #1 rank

Any thoughts on how much time a webmaster using SEO it needs to invest to protect his ranking once it is established?

It is simple.

1. It will take less than a week to get listed in Google, Yahoo and MSN
2. Depending on the competitiveness of the keyword ... it can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks.
3. You will have to build a couple of quality links ... it should take about a month depending on the keywords
4. To get to number 1 can take a couple of months.

:D
  • drewski
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • drewski

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am on the computer around 2 hours a day on SEO working but i have only been doing it for a week, so i am new to this, and i hope it will pay off for me in the long run, what do you guys think?
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

drewski wrote:
I am on the computer around 2 hours a day on SEO working but i have only been doing it for a week, so i am new to this, and i hope it will pay off for me in the long run, what do you guys think?

2 Hours a day is good to work on SEO for your website

What I think is continue learning, do research and simply just work hard at it.

There is a saying that goes like this ... "No pain, no gain"

Basically just keep on doing what you are doing and things will fall into place.

8)
  • Devil_666
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Albany

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all i need to know about the category of your website and then it's content.

Only and only after getting all this details i can tell you time it will require to be done.

Maximum i require 6 months for this, not step by step but approximately i can do it in prescribed time. 8)
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think being in the top rank is depend on the situation...First its depend on the KW ans competitors...Second its depend on how you are good in link building and promotion...Third to the SEs algorithm...We can't really predict the exact time but we can assume tentative time...
  • skysoldier
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

drewski wrote:

2 hours is good enough but for me it doesn't really matter how long you do SEO because depending on the technique you are using and the quality of your work! Just don't forget to study more and always be updated with the latest about SEO! Good Luck
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends on you on how you promote your site. You need to do link building for your site. Link building is a long term process that gives a long term effect. Continue to build links on your site.

Here are some tips on how to promote your site.

http://www.wilsonweb.com/articles/checklist.htm
  • skysoldier
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

montyauto wrote:

I think for you to be able to protect your ranking is just a continous seo, continue building quality links and fresh content!
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

skyslodier wrote:
Quote:
I think for you to be able to protect your ranking is just a continous seo, continue building quality links and fresh content!

That's why we are here in order to do proper link building.
  • Arleigh
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Arleigh

Post 3+ Months Ago

It really depends on several factors such as your niche, your link building methods used and how often you optimize your site. To have better results, just try to target less keywords and continue focus on them.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts