• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• pompei
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pompei

Post 3+ Months Ago

You don't even need to register your URL with google. If you can get a few pages that are already indexed in Google to link to you, Google usually picks up your site pretty quick.
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

All you have to do is exchange links with other sites that are already listed within Google. Once you have done this, you will get into Google easily and quickly.

In fact, they say that it could take 3 months or more before you get into Google. But I launched a new site on 25th January 2004 and by the time I got to 30th January 2004, I found that my site had been indexed within Google!

It took me only 5 days!

GREAT!
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

You if you're being linked to by sites that are updated regularly (google seems to autmatically know, for example, that news sites are often updated every 1-3 days, and check them regularly for new stuff)... If google sees that a page hasn't changed for months, it won't recheck it so often..

So, try to get people to link to you who have sites with dynamic content, to help get you in google faster.
  • alansmith
  • alansmith
  • Loc: BA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldnt bother submitting a page to google. It takes it too long to get indexed. Youyr best bet is to post your site in the newbie section of a few well ranked forums. that way your site should start getting indexed within a few days.
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try to add exchange links with other sites that are already in Google, and you may also get your site listed within Google in about 5 - 7 days.

The more sites that you exchange links with, then the more chance that your site's url will get found by Google!
  • SEO Guy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Links page note any page with "links" all by itself will not pass PR or get you included in the index. Its really stupid as something called "links1" "hotlinks" or anything but just "links" Google does it again :P

Just make sure your not getting placed on a page called links.asp links.hmtl etc and your fine backlinks are still the best way into the index period!
Cheers
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess that it may be best if I changed the name of my links page which I have just implemented in my new Affiliate Programs Directory.
  • SEO Guy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would be nice for your links partners yes
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

If Google is trying to index the universe, why would it ignore something like <title>Links</title>, or links.html?
  • SEO Guy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Abuse of reciprocal linking softwares that by default use "links" as their directory page name.

Google is trying to index the universe but want to do it "their way" They view overly automated link exchange as a detriment to what their original intent was with pagerank. Pagerank is supposed to be uniquely democratic based on natural tendencies of people to link to websites on their own if they think they are quality, link exchange destroys this
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does Google ignore these pages, or just not use them to improve ranks?
  • SEO Guy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google does not ignore them at all, what google does is not allow them to count as backlinks or pass on any pagerank
  • paul_d_vickers
  • Born
  • Born
  • paul_d_vickers
  • Loc: Redcar, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you link to a website that gets redirectoed or do you need to posta link to the redirected location as well?

examples below, the fisrt website redirects to the second url

http://www.janebarnett.co.uk/index.htm

http://uk.geocities.com/jane.barnett4@b ... /index.htm

[/code]
  • paul_d_vickers
  • Born
  • Born
  • paul_d_vickers
  • Loc: Redcar, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

How are you posting these links to other sites but only displaying the web site name?

Cheers
  • rady
  • rady

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Links page note any page with "links" all by itself will not pass PR or get you included in the index. Its really stupid as something called "links1" "hotlinks" or anything but just "links" Google does it again

what if the links are placed in a file such as /links/index.php ??
  • s_d_robinson
  • Born
  • Born
  • s_d_robinson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone know how long it takes for Google to reindex your site? I posted a link to my site...
http://www.erequirements.com
but found that the text was being pulled from a frame based redirect from my ISP. I've now changed the text, but was wondering how long before this will get updated?

Thanks,

Steve
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

it varies for each site.
just wait a while.
  • krisna
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: bali

Post 3+ Months Ago

Link Exchange with good PR website and if you can get from their main page it will make your site index faster by google.
  • bozzy
  • Born
  • Born
  • bozzy

Post 3+ Months Ago

So will having the links below in this post help get them indexed by google. They were registered about a month ago but google has no info on them as yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.monkeypuzzleparties.co.uk
http://www.monkeypuzzleparties.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts