How to socially bookmark without spamming

• aleks77
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • aleks77

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,

Since I have my site up and running for a few weeks now, I use social platforms to get my articles out there. The truth is, that I don't really know how to do this effectively. I got some good results with Reddit on two articles, but since a few weeks, I get the following message:

"You've submitted too many links recently. Please try again in an hour."

The problem is, I am getting this message for several weeks now, and I can't even post a question in their help section. I sent a message to the webmaster, but didn't get a reply. I am afraid that Reddit has identified me as a spammer, and my only alternative seems to be to re-register with a different name.

My question is, how do I effectively conduct social marketing, without being identified as a spammer? Is it enough to post links to my articles on Twitter, Reddit, Stumbleupon, etc... or does it require some more involvement? How about the number of links submitted? What is acceptable on a day, and what is not?

Thanks!
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

just have a share button that can post to social services and allow your users to do the posts not the admin. The system may detect the same IP posting too much and yes assign you as a spammer.

Add some social buttons to the template and hope that people use it :)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a good idea if you have your own site and you want to also put the articles on other sites, to summarise the article on your own site and then link to the full one.

Often you can be penalised if you duplicate content too much.

Also, don't submit the same articles to multiple sites, for the same reasons.

Twitter is a good way to get the word out and it sounds like you are already doing that. Phrase your tweet in a way that it is more likely to get retweeted, say your article is about getting more people to like you on Facebook:

Quote:
5 Easy Ways to Get More Likes on Facebook www.link.com/article.html

Make sure the titles of your posts are spot on too. WordPress is a good platform to get indexed by Google favourably.

Also get your image showing in Google search results too, it highly increases click through rates this article will show you how http://yoast.com/push-rel-author-head/

That's all I can think of right now, good luck!
  • Austin80ss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Austin80ss

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's have to happen someday. Just use another IP.
  • Kevin-Johnson
  • Kevin-Johnson

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you just publish your website details again and again then they will consider you as a spammer. Hence publish several other blog or informative content on your social profile.
  • amithindsoft
  • Born
  • Born
  • amithindsoft

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have to use different IP and don't submit same link in same website

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts