How would you improve search engines?

• TJan
  • Born
  • Born
  • TJan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm developing a niche search engine and would like to hear your thoughts and experiences :)
You can answer on "search engines in general" or about some specific (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo etc).

- What features would you add / change / discard?

- Is there something that frustrates you when searching and you'd like it to be "fixed"?

- Would you like to see more / less of "something" (social elements, personalization etc)?

- Have you seen some great feature, on a less known search engine, that you have really liked (for example, filtering results when searching at online stores)?

- Other improvements?

( I'm not expecting you to answer all/any of the questions above, I just put them as ideas on what to answer )

All answers are truly appreciated!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Kevin-Johnson
  • Kevin-Johnson

Post 3+ Months Ago

For search engine it is most important to give perfect results according to user query. Today Google continuously updating their system to give right results to it's users and that is reason behind it's popularity. Hence if you are planning to develop search engine then concentrate to develop system that give exact answers to user query. if you are providing exact and right answer then users will come back again to search any new things.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts