Improve page rank

• http
  • http

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am working on a site that is for a service company and need suggestions on how to improve his ranking.

In the code I have:

title
description
keywords

At the moment the site only has one link related to their industry. I am waiting on approval to link to an industry related article.

There is only one image on the site because they wanted to keep costs down for the time being. For the image description I put the company name.

How can I improve their page rank when the site basically consists of just text? Note: This is a brand new company.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

Only backlinks increase PR. get more backlinks.
  • sss10
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sss10

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman i agreed with you. PR is only rely on backlinks.
  • remaxactionfirst
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • remaxactionfirst

Post 3+ Months Ago

it measures not only how many links point to a website, but the "quality" of the sites providing the links.
  • luffy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • luffy

Post 3+ Months Ago

remaxactionfirst wrote:
it measures not only how many links point to a website, but the "quality" of the sites providing the links.

yup, that right..you must get a good quality of backlink and make sure your get a backlink from related categories..better to get a backlink from site with high PR.
  • hiredesigner
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hiredesigner
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

Page rank is directly proportional to backlinks. More the back links, more will be your PR. So try to have more and more backlinks from the related sites.
  • Jodiac
  • Jodiac
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hiredesigner wrote:
Page rank is directly proportional to backlinks. More the back links, more will be your PR. So try to have more and more backlinks from the related sites.

I am sorry --but I am finding it hard to agree with you.

You may have 1000 backlinks and still get low PR. The reason--those backlinks are from sites that do not have standing on their own.

To get high PR, one must get quality backlinks. Google considers quality --not only XXXX nos.

You may have PR5 with mere 50 backlinks from quality sites relevant to yours.
On the other hand 500 backlinks from low quality sites will not give you more than PR3.
  • WebDirectorySubmissions
  • Born
  • Born
  • WebDirectorySubmissions

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can do absolutely nothing and your pr can increase. You can have a site with no backlinks and get PR. But the best way to insure that your PR increases is to build quality backlinks. Buy or trade links with sites that are related to yours.
  • slash007
  • Student
  • Student
  • slash007

Post 3+ Months Ago

try to increase your back links and do a lot of submissions.
  • the master06
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: pits

Post 3+ Months Ago

http wrote:
I am working on a site that is for a service company and need suggestions on how to improve his ranking.

In the code I have:

title
description
keywords

At the moment the site only has one link related to their industry. I am waiting on approval to link to an industry related article.

There is only one image on the site because they wanted to keep costs down for the time being. For the image description I put the company name.

How can I improve their page rank when the site basically consists of just text? Note: This is a brand new company.

"The only way by which you can be able to increase the rankings of your business site or any business site in the internet is to build a massive amount of backlinks to it and promote it through link building and optimize your pages."

TIP:
1. Do directory submissions manual is the best.
2. Visit Forums and contribute and learn form the webmasters there by asking questions.
3. Visit relevant blogs and leave your signature for links. of course you should not just visit them and start a conversation just for the links, you can also ask for linking with them in an honest e-mail or PM.
4. Having a sitemap for your website is also one great help to know your site's strength and weaknesses.
5. Social bookmarkings may also help for your visitor's to come back to your site.

and many other tactics you can use for improving the rankings of your site.
  • ricejaco
  • ricejaco

Post 3+ Months Ago

the master06 wrote:
http wrote:

In the code I have:

title
description
keywords

"The only way by which you can be able to increase the rankings of your business site or any business site in the internet is to build a massive amount of backlinks to it and promote it through link building and optimize your pages."

TIP:
2. Visit Forums and contribute and learn form the webmasters there by asking questions.
3. Visit relevant blogs and leave your signature for links. of course you should not just visit them and start a conversation just for the links, you can also ask for linking with them in an honest e-mail or PM.
4. Having a sitemap for your website is also one great help to know your site's strength and weaknesses.
5. Social bookmarkings may also help for your visitor's to come back to your site.

yes, it is right. these are the steps to increase PR
  • Lizza
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Lizza

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice tips!
But do not spam on other blogs
  • rienglass
  • rienglass

Post 3+ Months Ago

u forgot something!thats joining social network
ricejaco wrote:
the master06 wrote:
http wrote:

In the code I have:

title
description
keywords

TIP:

yes, it is right. these are the steps to increase PR
  • weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Page rank" is directcly proportional to "link popularity".

Try to make more backlinks in order to increase your page rank.
  • Rahul H
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rahul H

Post 3+ Months Ago

You get more & more backlinks to related site & try link exchange with the related sites it will bring effect too.
  • samlauren1
  • samlauren1

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to get more PR in Google then try to get more backlinks.
  • weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Forum and blog posting are good idea to get quality back links.
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

If you want to improve pagerank, then you should read this article:

http://pr.efactory.de/

This formula was given on the original google papers.

PR(A) = (1-d) + d (PR(T1)/C(T1) + ... + PR(Tn)/C(Tn))

This means page rank is directly proportional to the number of backlinks. It does not mean page rank is directly proportional to the link popularity.

The more backlinks you have, the greater your pagerank. They do not have to be quality backlinks.

Having said this, the article also explains how page rank formula could have been changed from the original paper.

PR(A) = (1-d) + d (PR(T1)×L(T1,A) + ... + PR(Tn)×L(Tn,A))

The quality of the link has to do with the L(T1,A) part. The better quality the link is, the more impact it will have.

Backlinks do not need to be quality backlinks. However, quality backlinks have more bearing on pagerank. Both quality and nonquality backlinks increase PR if L(Ti,A) and L(Ti,A) do not equal 0.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
admin@codebuyers.com
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rahul H wrote:
You get more & more backlinks to related site & try link exchange with the related sites it will bring effect too.

Link exchange is good but not excessive link exchange. If you want a list of directories try this link.

http://www.directorycritic.com/free-directory-list.html
  • pty10
  • Born
  • Born
  • pty10

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a good directory. I will add my site.
  • weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

x3mario wrote:
Rahul H wrote:

Link exchange is good but not excessive link exchange. If you want a list of directories try this link.

http://www.directorycritic.com/free-directory-list.html

Yes, its true that many outbound links are not good for SERPs.
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

twalters84 wrote:
Hey there,

If you want to improve pagerank, then you should read this article:

http://pr.efactory.de/

This formula was given on the original google papers.

PR(A) = (1-d) + d (PR(T1)/C(T1) + ... + PR(Tn)/C(Tn))

This means page rank is directly proportional to the number of backlinks. It does not mean page rank is directly proportional to the link popularity.

The more backlinks you have, the greater your pagerank. They do not have to be quality backlinks.

Having said this, the article also explains how page rank formula could have been changed from the original paper.

PR(A) = (1-d) + d (PR(T1)×L(T1,A) + ... + PR(Tn)×L(Tn,A))

The quality of the link has to do with the L(T1,A) part. The better quality the link is, the more impact it will have.

Backlinks do not need to be quality backlinks. However, quality backlinks have more bearing on pagerank. Both quality and nonquality backlinks increase PR if L(Ti,A) and L(Ti,A) do not equal 0.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
admin@codebuyers.com

I think that google still using this formula. My new site (less than a month) is now PR0 from unranked and I did not do lot of link building.
  • foreststone

Post 3+ Months Ago

for a begining site is really difficult to exchange links with quality site, so you must make your site looks more nice and more informational and exchange some links on your home page
  • SteeleR

Post 3+ Months Ago

http wrote:
How can I improve their page rank when the site basically consists of just text?

that's the way to do it. Like Google says itself.. it loves text.. but only the unique one. Page structure, images, fancy buttons and animations are only for the already catch-ed visitors. The content (text) is what makes a website.. so along with getting backlinks from relevant websites, forum posting and all the other ways of advertising.. giving more and more content to your site is the best way to take it up in the SERPs..

About the formula stated above.. If you simply look around the Internet you'll find many website that have over thousands of backlinks from no PR to high PR and in results - low PageRank for that site. Yes, maybe Google had used it in the beginning but with the back link campaigns going on now it'll be just stupid to leave their search engine results to that.. and I don't think that a hundreds of milliards $ worth company will act like this..
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

of course pr is directly revelant to link popularity and of course quality backlinks are better to quantity backlinks.
by quality i mean the following factors.
1.pr of the page your link going to be(watch out for fake pagerank or droped domains)
2.outgoing links of the page your link going to be
3.backlinks of the site your link is up.
4.revelancy of the site and page your link is up compared to your site
there are many sufactors but these are the main factors in my opinion.
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not as just a simple backlinks but quality backlinks. Quality backlinks are backlinks coming from a relevant site or from a high PR sites. You should have this in order to have a good PR.
  • kavinpparker
  • kavinpparker

Post 3+ Months Ago

For increasing PR You need back links and back links are comes from Article submission, directory submission, on-line discussion, Blog posting.
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
Only backlinks increase PR. get more backlinks.

Yes more backlinks but make sure it is a quality backlink.
  • cEejay_01
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cEejay_01

Post 3+ Months Ago

hiredesigner wrote:

i don't think so, as google no longer focused on backlinks as their basis in determining PR,.
  • tomfrederick
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tomfrederick

Post 3+ Months Ago

PR is depends on the back links and other factors also. But most important is the back links. So you concentrate on the backlinks they come via article/directory submission, blog posting, comment posting, press release also.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 38 posts