% of indexing??

• alimaserrat
  • Born
  • Born
  • alimaserrat
  • Loc: Canada, Ontario, Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

One of the guy here in his question wrote about the % of index by google, i just wonder how we can understand how much of ou website got in google, and what is the best why to get in that, i'm mean except having good amount of visitor,,,?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Swan
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Idaho

Post 3+ Months Ago

Boy, did you come to the right place!

I can't help you other then to say there are people here who can!
From what I have learned there are tools to look at the stuff your asking about. Maybe one who does help will read this and tell you where to get them. I just wanted to let you know you came to the right place. Good people here!

Good luck! Swan
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I was the one who posted the question on indexing. For google there really isn't any secrets - just use a lot of link text. No javascript roll overs or flash navigation, no session ids, static pages, site map for large sites.

For Yahoo - I don't know. I am still trying to figure out why only a small % is indexed by yahoo. It crawls most of my site without a problem.
  • gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

In Google try using:

site:www.yourdomain.com

to see how many pages on your site that it has indexed. If you know how many pages are on your site you can work out the percentage indexed easily.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes. I actually use site:www.domainname.com
and a spidering tool (which spiders how many pages in site and errors) in combination.

I think Xenu sleuth is pretty good as well. its free 2.
  • Swan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Monk I downloaded the Xenu sleuth and everything said "ok" in the "status" catagory, does that mean it, (the spiders) can see all my pages?

I look at the "cached" page for my index and it gives the bar thing in the page. But when I do a cached on another page it says somthing like "sorry can not bla bla bla". You know what I am talking about? Does that mean they are un-spidered?

Did anyone win that SEO compitition yet?

Swan
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehe. I dont get what your saying. but this xenu basically checks all yr links and url in website,
end of it all u get a clean report.
to start off, just type in the web site name. I dont think I am understanding yr question.... :-(
  • Swan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I did the footer links and text links and it did not appear as though my whole site was being indexed, when I typed in site:www.my domain.com it shows my index page with that banner thing in it. when I did the other pages it said:

"Your search -site:www.highpeakcrossco.com/crosses.html - did not match any documents. No pages were found containing "site:www.highpeakcrossco.com/crosses.html".

Does this mean those pages were not crawled?

Swan

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts