Inktomi Uses Google PR - I'm pretty sure

• ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK last time I had a site drop from PR5 to PR4 I saw a drop in my inktomi-powered search results (yahoo/msn/etc)... i posted then i thought that inktomi had done something based on factoring google PR in but was boo-hooed. So this weekend google starts updating their PR again... i see the PR go down on a different site that is in the same category/search terms of the other site that dropped... so last night my google PR on the toolbar finally updated to what the advance servers told me this weekend... and my ratings on all inktomi related sites plunged instantly.

Tell me Inktomi isn't factoring Google pr into their ranking algorithm. Why not? It's publicly available information - if we can pull it off their servers so can inktomi :) i'm not saying their rankings are BASED on google PR but I think they include Google PR as one factor within their rankings.

As long as I see shifts in my results that are specifically coincidental to PR updates, I'm going to keep believing it. I also saw a site this week jump up from off the searches to #3 even though it had 1/5-1/10th the links of the other sites in the top 10 because it was the only site in the category rated PR6. If you look at the page it's not even very keyword targeted, the ONLY thing it has going is having just about the best PR of any top site in the category.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post