Internet rankings - Todd Charske

• Todd Charske
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Todd Charske
  • Loc: Todd Charske - Sales

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's the best way to get a high Alexar (sp?) ranking for a website? There's a million and one engine ranking sites out there all claiming stuff I don't think they can guarentee. i.e. Top ten rankings. Most will rank you on some search engine that nobody uses. Anyway any help?

- Todd Charske
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why do you want to use Alexa for page rank? It's a dang adware application.
  • Todd Charske
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Todd Charske

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK ATNO? I accept that what's the best method to rank a webpage? This site seems to be good at it.

- Todd Charske
  • Todd Charske
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Todd Charske

Post 3+ Months Ago

No response to the ranking. Really I work as an engineer for a plastics company and I'm looking to get our website out into cyber space where people actually see it!

- Todd Charske
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, from a research standpoint the reason I feel Alexa's ratings are worthless because they are incredibly skewed:

Quote:
Alexa collects information from users who have installed an "Alexa Toolbar," allowing them to provide statistics on web site traffic, as well as lists of related links.

From wikipedia

In other words your only seeing ranks and results based on Alexa toolbar users. Bet if you go out and ask all the friends you know if they use Alexa toolbar you'll be lucky to find 1 in 10 that even know what it is.

Personally I never paid much attention to rankings. The only thing that matters to me is that my primary keywords get my site listed on the first page of results on the major search engines. Good SEO will typically take care of that.

Who cares what you're ranked if people still can't find you.
  • Todd Charske
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Todd Charske

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good point. So back to the original question only substitute a good SEO for Alexar Ranking. What's the best way to get ranked?

- Todd Charske
  • Todd Charske
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Todd Charske

Post 3+ Months Ago

by the way from your definition (see following) and based on the fact that most search engines sponge off Google and now Google bought alexa, I'd make the assumption that alexa rankings are pretty important.

The following came from the definition you supplied in your link on wikipedia (a media most colleges do not allow references to due to the fact that there is bad information within the site)

- Todd Charske

Alexa began a partnership with Google in spring 2002, and with the Open Directory Project in January 2003.[5] Windows Live Search replaced Google as a provider of search results in May 2006.[6] In September 2006, they began using their own Search Platform to serve results. In December 2006, they released Alexa Image Search. Built in-house, it is the first major application to be built on their Web Platform. Today, Alexa is primarily a search engine, an Open Directory-based web directory, and a supplier of site information.[citation needed]
  • Todd Charske
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Todd Charske

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright I read up on it. The problem is the major search engines do not Divulge how to get the traffic. The best way is the have user-friendly information and then find a way to have the search engines spider your site correctly from what I see?!?! The other problem is nobody on this site really knows unless they work for Google or one of the other major search engines as far as I see.

- Todd Charske
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Todd Charske wrote:
Good point. So back to the original question only substitute a good SEO for Alexar Ranking. What's the best way to get ranked?

- Todd Charske

This may not be exactly what you are looking for but these are excellent tips from experts with search engines

http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.h ... webmasters
  • Todd Charske
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Todd Charske

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks!

- Todd Charske

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts