key words in URL?

• deepshix
  • Born
  • Born
  • deepshix
  • Loc: hawaii

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not a webmaster.. I'm just trying to manage my own website. I have a site hosted for free by Tripod.
http://larryhunt.tripod.com/MASSAGE/
It comes with pop up adds and banner ads.
I get good ranking on google, but do not exist on msn or yahoo!
I'm thinking of getting my own domain and wonder if it would help to include my keywords, "kauai" and "massage" in the URL?
Can the bots read words inside of an URL?
kauaimassage.com always gets top ranking, and I was wondering if it would help if my URL was something like "kauaimassagetherapy.com?
or kauai.massage.com?
thanks for your advice.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Deepshix...welcome to ozzu :)

Yes it can help to have your keywords in both your domain name and the urls to pages. This information is very visible to the spiders. You also will be able to take advantage of those keywords if someone links to your site using the domain name as the anchor text.

It will also help when you are creating pages for your site. If you offered a stone message you could name that page stone-message.html and that would help out n the rankings. This is only only one minor factor though. View this thread to follow a link to a page that lists some really good tips: http://www.ozzu.com/other-google-information-and-resources/google-ranking-factors-t39814.html

Also kauai.massage.com would require that you owned message.com and could create a subdomain called kauai.....but you could register kauai-message.com ....it's more common that you use dashes and not underscores in the urls and domains....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts