Voting Chart

Total votes : 6

What keyword density does your site have for its main Keyword phrase?

Poll ended at October 13th, 2004, 1:03 pm.

•  
    5% and lower
  •  
    >5% to 10%
  •  
    >10% to 20%
  •  
    >20% to 30%
  •  
    >over 30%
  •  
    Doesn't factor in seo strategy

Keyword Density

• Jade456
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had posted this topic before in another forum, but there wasn't a consensus. So, I'd like to get some opinions on the best keyword density percentage. I've heard some seo experts say to keep it under 10% and others have said that they have sites with 50+ and are doing very well. I just don't want to be dropped for spamming. Seems that there are alot of varying opinions on the "correct" percentage. Mine is right around 5% and it has been working for me. I'm curious to see what everyone else has been doing.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ill have to agree with no overall consensus. I use a different density for almost every site, but I do not really track or go by a specific density.

I just want the pages to read naturally and not get stuck on getting a certain keyword density. If it does not work the first time, experiment with more or less keywords.

I just hate to tell people this is what keyword density you need to be in to get top positioning, when that is only one factor in it.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Keyword density has limited use if coded into the style of your site using titles etc... and are after low hanging fruit as I often am. For competitive search terms forget it.

IMO keyword density should NOT factor in your actual editorial because this should be aimed at humans... the time spent doing keyword density on editorial is not worth the effort and is just not professional thus oxymoronic.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont keep track of keyword density. Keep it natural...

actually it also depends on how good you are at copywriting..??
a good writer can make the page look good and keep a balance of everything on the page...
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

madmonk wrote:
I dont keep track of keyword density. Keep it natural...

actually it also depends on how good you are at copywriting..??
a good writer can make the page look good and keep a balance of everything on the page...

I agree. If your aiming for a set keyword density for all of your pages, theres a high chance they are not going to read well for your users.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts