keyword question

• stickfigure
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • stickfigure

Post 3+ Months Ago

what is the most effective way to list your keywords in your meta tags?

- with spaces (keyword keyword keyword)
- with spaces and commas (keyword, keyword, keyword)
- with commas, no spaces (keyword,keyword,keyword)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SEO Guy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

the only real engine that you care about is inktomi (powers yahoo msn) as Google doesnt use your meta kw tag.

The proper way to delimit your meta kw phrases is "phrase""Comma""no space"

Example if my kw's were SEO SEO COMPANY and SEO SERVICES (Which they are) then my kw tag reads ="SEO,SEO Company,SEO Services"
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey SEO Guy, where you been hidin'? :)

As always, great advice :)
  • stickfigure
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • stickfigure

Post 3+ Months Ago

:shock: id better go fix mine, they currently are: keyword keyword keyword

whats the BEST method for optimization in google? is repetition such as detailed descriptions your best possible bet or what? (did a forum search but didnt come up with a specific answer)
  • SEO Guy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Havent been hiding really just super busy working on some stuff with Unflux :) Should have something to show you guys soon that will knock your socks off :-)

Oh yeah and been building tools for SEO too down in ma sig so that took like 5 mins and that #1 ranking in Yahoo for SEO keeps me pretty busy, know anyone who wants to take on some transpearent SEO work ;-)
  • SEO Guy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Repetition isnt a good Idea if your talking content wise. The best thing you can do is create a checklist

Keyword in my title? Check
Keyword on my page somewhere? Check
50 million backlinks all with varied anchor text versions of my kw's CHECK! WOOHOO #1 ranking

Best advise write a quality site for your visitors not the SE's (Although keep them in the back of your mind) and you will do well 50% of SEO these days is offpage in backlinks though really
  • stickfigure
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • stickfigure

Post 3+ Months Ago

so if i have a single keyword for widgit a in my page, i could achieve a number 1 listing without having to have so many repeats of the same word, like i currently have? (exact listing isnt important to me, i just want new people to be able to find my sites)

generally i don't go overkill with the repetition, the repetition exists only to beautify the site per se. (would look bare/unappealing without something there)

or do you consider it overkill the way i have it, in your opinion:
- meta tag; keyword section has title of every item in this particular page (not the entire site!)
- table header description; item name
- beneath item image; item name
- alt tags; item name, small description or other key words if applicable. average of 4-7 words)
- buy buttons have the item name strictly for shopping cart purposes

visually, the user only SEES the item name/title twice. the rest is invisible and in the source code somewhere.

this is a new method i implemented last night to see if im able to gain more visitors, before, i only had the meta tag with a general description of the overall page, table header name and item name beneath (missing the main keyword.. by mistake :D)

oh yeah, what are "anchor" or "backlinks"?

i have a pr of 6.. is that good? (im new to search enging optimization techniques)
  • SEO Guy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you would like to post the domain I would be happy to take a look for you

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts