Keyword Research

• ZachH
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZachH

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Everybody

I’m doing a bit of keyword research here. I know there are paid services for this, but since I don’t do it that often I prefer to use the free services.

I want to find out how much certain keywords are used on all search engines accumulated. For this purpose I usually use Overture. Overture has a free service called a Keyword Selector Tool. The tool tells me how often a certain keyword is used on Overture. That is very interesting data, but I want to know how often the keywords are used on all search engines accumulated.

Let’s take an example:
The word “chair” was used 104,224 times on Overture during May 2005. The questions is how much should I multiply the 104,224 with in order to get the number of times that “chair” is used on all search engines.

In order to answer this we need to know something about Overture’s market share. I’m looking forward to hearing your comments. What factor should I multiply the number from Overture with?

Thanks.
  • Greatone
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Greatone

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Overture is just using a single search engine for it's result and not for a group of search engines.
  • ZachH
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZachH

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Greatone

I'm not looking for an exact number, but I think I should be able to use it as a sort of a guide that gets close.
  • boohlick
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know zachi .. you dont need to know the searches done in all SE..

The keyword selector itself tell you how many searches is done... that results is done in google and yahoo.. coz yahoo now owns Overture..

Why go for other SE when you can focus on google and yahoo.. they are the leading SE today.. and they can give you the traffic that your are looking for.. 8)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts