Link Page?

• webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

On verious threads I've read people reffering to creating a link page at you site.

First what is a link page? Does it contain lots and lots of outbound links relating to your own site?

Also, do you link this page to your main page only or all pages?

and the text value of the link should it be made up of "keywords" lots of keywords or just the plain site name that its linkingn to?

Last, pros and cons of using a link only page?

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

A links page is simply a page with links to other web sites than your own, normally used to swap links with other web sites. (You add a link to them, they add a link to you)

You can link to it however you want i guess, whatever works for you. But most people would expect it to be at least linked from the main page.
  • webfastic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webfastic
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Jess,

Do you know if there is any benefit to having tons of outbound links on a link page?
  • MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

of course there is benefit to a links page. This is the way your going to help build your count of "backlinks" to your site. This is a big part of your link popularity. I would put the link to your links page in one of your frames or someplace where it can be seen from every page. Another idea is to use a script, you can find plenty of link page scripts at hotscripts and other sites. You dont want your links page to look like some FFA page with a ton of links on there. Use categories and what not - almost like a directory if your exchanging alot of links. I'd keep each link page to a 20-25 max links on each page but thats just me. Overall I'd say deff. get one going - its a great way to build your link popularity and a great way to exchange links so your link is on other pages for customer's to click..if you need a decent link page script PM me and I'll give you a link to one...good luck
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

webfastic wrote:
Thanks Jess,

Do you know if there is any benefit to having tons of outbound links on a link page?

Theres no benefit to you to be linking to other sites, however the whole idea of a links page is to swap links with others, getting them to link to you. So the benefit is that other sites are linking to you.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Only a theory...been brought up before...but if you have links pointing to you as well as links pointing out (not just reciprocal), it could be easier to classify you as an authority site, sort of how Teoma classifies it's authority sites.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts