Link pages

  • jajja
  • Born
  • Born
  • jajja
  • Posts: 4

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am webmaster for a number of sites, I want them to crosslink to each other as they in some ways are connected and that I think they are relevant to each other.

To ease things up for me I plan to make one "sitemap" that include all of the links and copy it to the different sites. The total amonut of links would be about 40 on each page and all will have apropriate titles. I do not want to be acused of spaming Google or any other search engine som my question is if any one knows if this is OK.

The pages will be exactly the same, coded in the same way and look the same. Will this be a problem or is it a correct method of crosslinking between the sites in my network?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1153
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The SEO in me tells me it will cause you problems and would probably advise against it. Firstly theres the duplication of each page which the search engines wont like, then theres the cross linking (which can not really be intended for anything else other than to try and improve rankings) which the search engines won't like either.


However I have seen this done a lot over the net and search engines havn't penalised the networks for it. So really the choice is yours - take a gamble on it and risk being penalised. Or be safe and leave the idea.
  • jajja
  • Born
  • Born
  • jajja
  • Posts: 4

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:
The SEO in me tells me it will cause you problems and would probably advise against it. Firstly theres the duplication of each page which the search engines wont like, then theres the cross linking (which can not really be intended for anything else other than to try and improve rankings) which the search engines won't like either.


However I have seen this done a lot over the net and search engines havn't penalised the networks for it. So really the choice is yours - take a gamble on it and risk being penalised. Or be safe and leave the idea.


THX, OK, so if i do a bunch of information pages for each link, would that be a better method of crosslinking?
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1080
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

jajja wrote:
The pages will be exactly the same, coded in the same way and look the same.


Is it the same text content? If so dont do it.
  • jajja
  • Born
  • Born
  • jajja
  • Posts: 4

Post 3+ Months Ago

Johan007 wrote:
jajja wrote:
The pages will be exactly the same, coded in the same way and look the same.


Is it the same text content? If so dont do it.


Im a bit pussled as there are several examples of pages with exactly the same content (in scence of the text) that all rank well on various search engines. If the order and lay out of the links is changed, would that help?
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1080
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nope the patented technology that Google has works out the % of duplicate content and simply filters them out or much lower on SE. Also if your site are all hosted on the same class C ip address Google will treat it as coming from the same domain. If they are on unique ip’s then you should get away with it.

IMO what your doing is “evil” and ultimately a waist of time. Your best bet is to find another way of getting inbound links by being active in your community.
  • jajja
  • Born
  • Born
  • jajja
  • Posts: 4

Post 3+ Months Ago

Johan007 wrote:
Nope the patented technology that Google has works out the % of duplicate content and simply filters them out or much lower on SE. Also if your site are all hosted on the same class C ip address Google will treat it as coming from the same domain. If they are on unique ip’s then you should get away with it.

IMO what your doing is “evil” and ultimately a waist of time. Your best bet is to find another way of getting inbound links by being active in your community.


Well my itentions isnt evil, the sites are produced by me and relevant to each other so therefore the crosslinking is ethical OK in my opinion.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Posts: 2115
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Crosslinking has to be done carefully then if your intentions arent evil :-)

link to every other site on home pages or strategic pages only works for me.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 796

Post 3+ Months Ago

The home page link sounds like the best option to me. It will be a bigger boost to the sites receiving the link if it comes from the home page....provided the home page is the page with the most PR and backlinks pointing to it. You could also point links from internal pages to other internal pages in the other sites if the content is related.
  • zero7
  • Born
  • Born
  • zero7
  • Posts: 3
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

well if you want to crosslink each of the websites, then a link form one homepage to the other homepage should suffice.... i hthink that's wat u tryin to do....:)
  • Big Bill
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 14
  • Loc: surrey, uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Johan007 wrote:
IMO what your doing is “evil” and ultimately a waist of time. Your best bet is to find another way of getting inbound links by being active in your community.


Er..."evil"?
i doubt that. if the sites are similar or related in content it's only natural that they should be linked anyway. I'd be more inclined to do a seperate site map for each though.

BB
  • Big Bill
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 14
  • Loc: surrey, uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

zero7 wrote:
well if you want to crosslink each of the websites, then a link form one homepage to the other homepage should suffice.... i hthink that's wat u tryin to do....:)

What's of principal importance is that you use a keyword in your anchor text. It won't make a huge difference but it will make a little.

BB

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.