Link Strategy

• vision
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to find a discussion or article on different ways to create linking. I'm wanting to setup a number of sites and interlink them all - but I don't want to do it in such a way that it is obvious to search engines that I'm just crosslinking all the sites.

I've seen some discussion on boards previously, but I don't know where there were. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• disgust
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • disgust

Post 3+ Months Ago

it won't be obvious to search engines, they don't check this sort of thing.

but there is some sort of natural protection to this:

if you have 12 sites, and they all link to each other, and you have NO other inbounds- you're not going to be doing well, if you get indexed at all.

you need to already have fairly decent sites with inbound links (from dmoz would be a start) for this to be of any advantage.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, you are creating an island of links. SOme call it crosslinking. You need to be careful. Make sure you have plenty of outside links pointing inward toward these sites also.

If you are going to do it, try to group the sites by association. Maybe a few of them have more in common that the others. Many sites do this sort of thing by either making a seperate page for the other sites or just adding a bunch of links in the footer.
  • Tom
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Tom
  • Loc: St. Louis, MO

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've seen a lot of site networks all crossed-linked with no apparant SE penalties. But If you are worried about it, there are certainly a lot of discussions on it...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... tnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?q=crosslin ... =&ie=UTF-8
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have a lot of outside links also, it's considered okay?
Is crosslinking same as reciprocal linking?
A lot of people do reciprocal linking, it's not okay?
  • MMU
  • Born
  • Born
  • MMU

Post 3+ Months Ago

Reciprocal linking is not crosslinking, but is a little dangerous. Imagine that you exchange links with other website, and this website go to your website and see your section: affiliated webs.... and go to this webs and exchange... you can not control this situation, and google can considered that its crosslinking.. I have been a bad experience about this...
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

As vetofunk has pointed out, aslong as you have plenty of inbound links coming into yr websites.
everything will b ok.

I dont see anything bad that can happen if you follow that. I'm a newbie at this too. :-)
correct me if i am wrong
  • joker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Crosslinking is Ok when all your sites are cross-interested to your site's visitors and there are plenty of inbound links. ;)
  • virtualwebc
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I own WRVX.com a radio staion client that never paid there bill I finally had to shut them down for nonpayment. I had this extra domain lying around but the catch is type WRVX in any major search engine rating and it pulls up number one. So I have redirected this link to point to my site. Now get this the WRVX key words are showing up in my search key words.
  • jaydeep
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Virtualwebc, to get more advantage of domain and backward link to your website, don't redirect domain, keep one page on that domain and then give link to your website.

Also for cross-linking according to me it should now look natural, means your linking should look natural. Just putting bunch of unrelated links on every page of your website will not work. I heard that GG is no using network filter and if it finds any unrelated links on all pages of website it just ignores it.

I hope this is helpful.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts